Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have just bought my first caravan, I have been advised to fit a hitch lock. The van has a ALKO 2004/3004 stabelizer. Can anyone give me any advice as to which type of lock I should buy

thanks Steve

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Steve. I have an Alko stabiliser hitch on our van. We use Alko's own hitchlock. They do them for each of their different hitch types...(make sure you get the correct one!). They can be viewed/purchased at the Alko website, although I bought mine from from caravan shop cheaper.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Make sure what ever you buy is approved by your insurance company!

We had an expensive lock that when our old insurers stopped insuring caravans the new one did not accept the lock we had!

HAd to have two locks from a list of approved locks from insurers and Alko Hitch lock was not acceptable.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I use the AL-Ko hitchlock on my caravan, and I have never had any problems getting insurance. I believe that Bulldog now make a lock for the AKS 2004/3004 and this is also insurance approved. I read a review on it that it was a good lock, but they couldn't understand why bulldog had made it when Al-Ko own was so good. The bulldog was also the same price RRP.

Another quick point, make sure that you do NOT buy one from a auction website, I read (on this very forum I believe) of someone who bought one from an auction web site and then got his caravan stolen, as the original seller kept a spare key and had the address where the lock had been dispatched too...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts