Selling a caravan (this isn't an advert!)

Dec 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We are thinking of upgrading our caravan to a twin axle to make life easier with our children (bigger bunks etc). We have a immaculate 2 year old Abbey GTS Vogue 517 with awning, mover and full cover. Just had a second service last month.

The PX seems to vary wildly and I wonder what succes you have with selling something like this privately? I have sold quite a few £1ok cars privately, but don't know where to start trying to advertise this, and if there is good demand.

Thinking it is worth maybe £13.5k with the full bundle of mover etc. Do you think this is steep or reasonable, and where should I advertise it - any good web sites?

Many thanks

Paul

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul,

I can only relate our experience with selling our previous Eriba.

Eriba UK offered us a fair (dealer) price for the trade-in, but we certainly understood that we could realise an additional

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We bought privately last year. Tried loads of web sites and eventually bought via an Auto Trader Web ad. The family we bought from in Berkshire local to us were inundated with calls. (guess partly due to the van)

We got the van because we were the first who could get to it. When I collected a few days later the guy had had to turn the phone off as he was getting so many calls. He had quite a few dealers offer cash for a lot less than he was asking!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul,This year my son sold a caravan on E-Bay,which then gave him a much better deal buying his new van without a trade-in at the dealers.

My other son also bough his first caravan ever also on E-Bay.He made a point of going to see it before committing and got a fully equipped twin axle with awning and mover in excellent condition.I have to say that I was dubious about buying this way,but have been proved wrong.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, we sold our Bailey senator oklahoma (03) last september, we put it on 'caravan finder', we didn't get many calls but did sell it after about a month or so.

I do think you are being a little ambitious with the asking price, have a look around and see what others are going for!

Best wishes, Andrew.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts