Senator Louisiana - a few questions?

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
HI Everyone,

We have recently bought a series 5 Bailey Senator Louisiana, we are really pleased with the van and the layout is perfect for us.

Stored under the fixed bed is a fairly long cushion. I thought at first that the main mattress could be pulled down and that this cushion could infill the top to allow more length for the fixed bed. However, we decided to make up the double at the front of the van and the only way we could figure it out was to use this cushion that was under the fixed bed. So am I right in thinking that this cushion is used to make up the double bed at the front?

Another small thing that we have noticed is that the water flow from the kitchen and bathroom taps is quite fine and with the taps open all the way it splashes everywhere, both taps are chrome mixers, are these original Bailey taps or could these have been replaced over the last few years? Its not really a problem and I find it better as they seem to reduce water consumption but its surprising that these could be original.

The van came with a full awning but due to the length of the van its to big for us both to manage. A friend has offered us a Dorema Vitesse awning for £200, but before we buy it I need to find out whether the awning will come down over any of the windows. Does another Louisiana owner have a vitesse or know where the awning will cover?

Another quick question, do other owners find that the valves for the onboard tank are in an inconvenient location? I have to pull the bed slats out to get at the valves. I dont think we will bother with the onboard tank due to these valves. It seems easier just to buy a second aquaroll.

Thanks

Ian

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Correct about the cushion for the double bed in front. Measure the awning length and then decide if it si going to cover any windows. After our experiences with dorema awnings we will never buy another Dorema. Our last aporch awning was a ventura and it fitted perfectly up against the cxaravan and was well worth the extra spent.

Can't help you regardingt eh valves but buying a secodn aquaroll is a better idea.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Although we don't own a Louisiana, we have a Dorema Vitesse awning for our twin axle caravan. From researching the layout of your 'van, the awning should not cover any of the windows.

Despite what a lot of people say about Dorema, we have never had any problems with them. We have also got a Dorema Hilton porch awning which is now seven years old, been on three caravans, and is as good as when we first bought it! The Vitesse will fit snugly against your 'van, no draughts, and stands up very well in bad weather, considering they now cost about

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I love our inboard tank. Use it every trip OK I've not got a Bailey but against the expense of another aqua roll (not to mention storing it) IMHO lifting the bed slats is not so much a big deal.

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
I love our inboard tank. Use it every trip OK I've not got a Bailey but against the expense of another aqua roll (not to mention storing it) IMHO lifting the bed slats is not so much a big deal.
We always use the inboard tank as it gives a better flow for the taps and shower.

The valve arrangement is awkward, but you do get used to it.

I fitted a small gizmo to the overflow tube which bleeps when the tank is full, which is also very useful especially if it's raining outside! Obtainable through Maplins as a kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts