Senator Series 6 Carolina - Playing DVD's on the rear TV

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we've recently purchased a Carolina. It comes with a TV in the rear bedroom whereby you can play a DVD onto it from the stereo/DVD player at the front of the caravan. Is it possible to play the DVD on the rear TV without having to listen to the DVD on the front speakers (ie the speakers by the front windows for the radio). Hope that makes sense ! Seems strange that you we can't find a way to keep the kids happy in the back without being able to listen to the radio in the front ! Any help as always, much appreciated. Thanks, Brian

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian

I don't think you can have a DVD playing and the radio on at the same time. If you just want the DVD volume coming from the TV and not the speakers at the front of the van could you turn the volume down on the DVD player and up on the TV, assuming you have the audio cables connected to the TV.

You could always purchase a stand alone DVD player and connect that to the TV, they're pretty cheap and light.

Mike

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike

thanks for your reply. The problem we have is when you turn the volume down on the stereo/dvd unit, it also lowers the volume on the TV in the rear. You can turn the volume up then on the TV itself, but it relies on a decent input volume from the DVD player. So you then have to turn the TV up quite a bit to get any sound at which point you get a lot of background noise as it's up to almost it's max volume (hope that makes sense!). Seems really strange you need to do this, but as you say, it might be easier to acquire a 12v dvd player and install that in the rear of the caravan and link it directly to the rear TV that way. I'll try and track down a 12v one - might be a tad tricky unless you're aware of someone that does one at a decent price?

Thanks again, Brian

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian

You could try caravan/camping accessorie shops for a 12v player or a Google search. What about a laptop, if you have one, plugged into the VGA input on the TV ?

The only other thing I can think of is to get behind the DVD unit and fit a switch across the output to the front speakers, which is a bit involved.

Regards

Mike

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Perhaps this link might be of help:

http://www.caravantalk.org.uk/topic/25708-dvd-sound-from-radio-or-from-tv/
Somewhere I do have other info that I printed with the intention of following the tip it contained. It referred to modifying the existing connections to the Senator tv / dvd player so that you could have the choice of sound to t.v or dvd or combination. It's somewhere "safe",when and if I find it I will post the info.

Robert

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
If you find the info about modifying the connections I would be interested,currently I fade the stereo to rear speakers that I have added but they are in lockers over bed so have to be quite loud.Sometimes I use a seperate DVD as posted but if a mod made the TV speakers work correctly it would be better

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian,

I've got a California and you can adjust the fader front to rear so all the volume comes out of the tv on mine. You'll find the volume is less from the tv though so you'll need to turn the player up higher than your used to. You wont be able to listen to the radio at the same time though.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts