Seriously Newbie question….

Aug 22, 2024
Visit site
So we are due to take collection of our new caravan in a couple of weeks (We are extraordinarily excited]………….I really should have done some homework but I am lazy. My question is can I turn up at a Caravan park ….connect to electricity then connect to a fresh water inlet and then connect to a waste wipe for all of the poo stuff ?
I know that there are cassettes and 40 litre water containers but I just want some easy stuff to connect.
Sorry for the newbie question but it really is rather daunting………

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
So we are due to take collection of our new caravan in a couple of weeks (We are extraordinarily excited]………….I really should have done some homework but I am lazy. My question is can I turn up at a Caravan park ….connect to electricity then connect to a fresh water inlet and then connect to a waste wipe for all of the poo stuff ?
I know that there are cassettes and 40 litre water containers but I just want some easy stuff to connect.
Sorry for the newbie question but it really is rather daunting………
A minority of sites have "fully serviced" pitches where you can connect electric, fresh water and grey water (kitchen & shower) - you'd need to bring your own connection cables/pipes - black waste will go into the toilet cassette and need to be emptied manualy into the designated "chemical toilet"disposal point.

The linked website may help https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/advice-and-training/advice-for-beginners/

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, 1st, pre book the caravan site, just to be on the safe side of things, out of school holidays and away from Bank holidays , you might just turn up and get a site.
On Fully serviced pitches (FSP) electric hook ups will just plug in , but water is different, you could use an Aqua roll with a float which then connects to the van, or a direct connector from the tap through a pressure reducer to the van.
Chemical waste / Black waste, you have to collect in the cassette and empty it into the chemical disposal point. lGrey waste you need pipes from the van to the waste drop

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
or a direct connector from the tap through a pressure reducer to the van.
Just to emphasise to @Heisenberg, the pressure reducer is important if you don't go down the aquaroll and float method. Don't be tempted to connect straight to the caravan without one as mains water pressure can be too high for caravan water systems. You really don't want to risk flooding your new caravan.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum when we had our caravan we always used serviced pitches and we preferred the float system with the aquaroll ,and the waste pipe to the drain but if you want to use the pressure reducer to your van follow the advice what other members are telling you .

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Heisenberg
When you collect your new caravan ensure the Dealer gives you a full explanation and demonstration of how everything works including water connections etc.
A lot of sites require you use organic toilet fluids. We carry both green and blue.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Heisenberg
When you collect your new caravan ensure the Dealer gives you a full explanation and demonstration of how everything works including water connections etc.
A lot of sites require you use organic toilet fluids. We carry both green and blue.
We just use organic toilet fluids - we know they're accepted everywhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts