Service This Friday 5th Oct

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I sat and pondered whether I should service the van this year, managed just under 500 miles.
Van had been standing for well over a year until the April 12th release. Had it service Oct last year because, I believe, if it stands for any length of time things will start to seize, this year van has had a run out, everything OK. I considered leaving service until next year.

What sre you thoughts??

Anyway engineer coming on the 5th have asked him to do a fridge service onmine. He'll be servicing mine and my lads, three year old van same day. Both on my driveway, lad not got the room.
He only lives around the corner, 200yds away. Asked him if he needed my post code for his sat nav Sharp intake of breath as he answered.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would agree with your thoughts on deferring the service until next year. What about a damp check though so the dreaded water ingress doesn't catch you unawares. Before we started to use caravan through winter our van would be stored from early November to March with only the wheels rotated periodically. Never had any problems bringing it back to life. If yours is on the drive you could always run the systems at times, or let it out on AirBnB. In normal times they sit in dealerships not being touched at all.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with your thoughts on deferring the service until next year. What about a damp check though so the dreaded water ingress doesn't catch you unawares. Before we started to use caravan through winter our van would be stored from early November to March with only the wheels rotated periodically. Never had any problems bringing it back to life. If yours is on the drive you could always run the systems at times, or let it out on AirBnB. In normal times they sit in dealerships not being touched at all.
The damp check was the main reason for last years service' ended up telling him to give it a full service. Surely the dealer will give a van a check before it leaves the yard. All good advice. Maybe I'm being a bit ----- what is AirBnB?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I had our mobile engineer do our service in Feb this year, only had it out once in the previous service year, maybe 500 miles. So asked the lad not to bother with the brakes as they were working fine. Only saved £30.

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The damp check was the main reason for last years service' ended up telling him to give it a full service. Surely the dealer will give a van a check before it leaves the yard. All good advice. Maybe I'm being a bit ----- what is AirBnB?
You didn't say anything about a dealer checking it before it comes out of the yard in your post, only that you had it serviced October last year. That's why I thought damp check should be carried out by your engineer due to visit.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
You didn't say anything about a dealer checking it before it comes out of the yard in your post, only that you had it serviced October last year. That's why I thought damp check should be carried out by your engineer due to visit.
Sorry my mistake.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't assume a check will be don, it may not be and that would leave your warranty invalid - ask your service guy or the dealer to do to keep thw warranty valid.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For an explantion on AirBnB see here. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/a/stays/?af=43720035&c=.pi0.pk12837552276_254933407854_c_12026464216&sem_position=&sem_target=kwd-12026464216&location_of_interest=&location_physical=1007256&ghost=true&gclid=CjwKCAjw7--KBhAMEiwAxfpkWG5x74pbU1MHu8XGNNHYknb28p_nePActrFXGrLsf6WoRX7HLuP7kBoCRJcQAvD_BwE
Basically you can rent a place for a night, a few nights or weeks at a very good rate. We have used them on several occasions in the past and found them to be excellent value.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Service This Friday 5th Oct ??

"This Friday" is the 8th, but there is coming Friday 5th November, is there a mix up on when the service man is coming?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts