Servicing costs?

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
My dad brought his van last October from a dealer with 12mth warranty. His water pump isnt working so I said he should take back to the dealer. Admittedly my dad has become increasingly naive and vunerable (due to medication) plus he is fast approaching 70 and I think the dealer took full advantage of this. When he told me they charged him Β£178 for a service (which I personally dont think he even needed) I was shocked. He didn't even have a service report to show what they did, neither did they stamp his service book. My dad went away the wk end and his water pump still doesn't work!

Please can you advise me what an annual service costs, and also should they valet the caravan?

Kay

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alan

Thanks for your comments, do you receive a service report when you get your van serviced?

Kay
Hi Kay,

Yes, I get a full service report, which if there is anything unexpected on it they go throught it with me verbally as well as providing the sheet. The work is also covered by a verbal warranty, ie. if I find something wrong next time out, that should have been done they will fix it, although it does mean another trip to the dealers which for me is a round trip of 120 miles. We have used this deralership for serviceing for a good few years now because we feel their work and backup is good.

Alan

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
my first service cost about that including a wash which we asked for. i got my book stamped and i also got a print out of everything they checked aswell.

it look like they didnt service it and just took his money.

it annoys me that people just take advantage of the elderly.

i would be on that phone first thing tomorrow to the manager or be there at the front door when they open with the paper work inc the non stamped service book.

did he get a receipt?.

jo-anne

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
my first service cost about that including a wash which we asked for. i got my book stamped and i also got a print out of everything they checked aswell.

it look like they didnt service it and just took his money.

it annoys me that people just take advantage of the elderly.

i would be on that phone first thing tomorrow to the manager or be there at the front door when they open with the paper work inc the non stamped service book.

did he get a receipt?.

jo-anne
Hi Jo-anne

Yes he did get a receipt but I thought that he should have got a service report, you do when you get your car serviced? and when I get my van serviced! When I told his to ring them they advised him they dont issue service reports! We wont be going back there again! Not sure if its a forum policy to give the name of the dealer???

Kay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts