Sharp 24" Caravan TV - WiFi connection issues

May 20, 2024
Visit site
We bought one off these Sharp TVs for the new caravan and whilst it works very well when hooked up to the Antenna for DTV (excellent picture quality and good sound), we were unable to get it to connect to wifi hotpsots on either of the phones we tried to connect it to.

Does anyone have any advice as to getting the WiFi connection working properly, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a dedicated mobile router for the van?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Does it connect to WiFi at home OK?

To check on the connection, will one phone stream off the other? I have heard that some data providers limit the phones ability to tether. Could this be the issue?

I cannot see why there should be a problem. We streamed using our phones in the van.

John

May 20, 2024
Visit site
Does it connect to WiFi at home OK?

To check on the connection, will one phone stream off the other? I have heard that some data providers limit the phones ability to tether. Could this be the issue?

I cannot see why there should be a problem. We streamed using our phones in the van.

John
Thanks, yes the phones stream off each other. Have to admit that I haven't tested it at home. Am thinking it may need a wired connection at first then allow it to download an update, which would be infuriating..... But it would at least fix it.

Reactions: Jcloughie
May 20, 2024
Visit site
Finally coming back on tis one, having had a chance to work out the issues.

The TV connected to my home network without any issues, so we tried with a different phone, which it also connected to.

When we tried to connect to a Samsung, we realised that this was the cause of the problem. Home and second phone used WPA2 security. Samsung used WPA3, which the TV struggled with.

So for anyone else getting one of these, make sure that any wifi uses WPA2 not WPA3 security!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts