Sheepcote Valley CC site, Brighton

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Just returned from a week at Sheepcote Valley. Usual high standards for a CC site with very friendly and helpful wardens.
One major drawback was the access road which is populated with a variety of caravans, vans and even a horse/cattle transporter which appear to be semi permanent forms of habitation, making entry/access to the site touch nd go at times. Also at week ends the road is also full of cars adjacent to the playing fields .
Obviously the problem is beyond the control of the Caravan Club, but I would hve thought that pressure could be brought on Brighton and Hove Council to rectify the situation.
Anyone else share my views?

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
We stayed at Sheepcote Valley Caravan Club Site August Bank Holiday week the the access road was a complete nightmare with cars / vans and freeloading campers in caravans / motorhomes parking ever side of the access road. The access road was that bad my towing mirrors was nearly touching the parked vehicles I had to get the wife to walk in front of me to check the clearance of my caravan. When finally got to the site we spoke to the wardens they said the access road was on going issue. Regarding the site it OK but the shower blocks are dated and in need of a revamp which should be done for the 2013 season.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
We used the site in May this year, the site itself was immaculate and up to the normal CC standards. We were quite shocked by the access road situation, especially where there is a bend in the road. When we were there, there was B & H council vehicles parked overnight along the road also. Most of the old caravans and motorhomes appeared to be occupied by hippy/new age types of people. As the B&H council is predominently run by the Green Party, I doubt there will be much movement in sorting this situation out. All the time this problem remains, we will not be going back there. We sent photos of the access road to the B&H council tourism department, but as yet 5 months later, we have heard nothing from them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts