Shogun Vs Landcruiser

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking to replace the tow truck in the new year and have details etc on both new Shogun and Landcrusier models. Any personal experiences from either or both of these vehicles would be most welcome.

Thanks

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I think both vehicles are good, nearly 20 years as a car then HGV mechanic and workshop manager leave me with many opinions on various vehicles and having worked in BMW, Toyota, Ford and Landrover dealerships in my car days I would not buy any car that is not German or Japanese. My personal choice of these two would be the Landcruiser which is a very capable towcar although a bit slow and tractor like compared to the more modern and car like rivals, but it will do more than most owners will ever need it to and they never seemed to go wrong when I worked on them. In Dubai one in three cars is a Landcruiser, this is because they know it will get them home again in the harsh conditions where some 4x4s cannot be relied on.

Nothing wrong with the Shogun though, just personal choice.

spj

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I do think the Shogun is looking very dated these days. It must be due for a change soon. I believe the Land Cruiser is being updated in 2007. Just as an aside, I test drove an Audi A6 allroad a couple of weeks ago. It had a very smooth and powerful 3.0l diesel engine and a super smooth auto box. A week later, I tried the Volvo XC70 but it felt "older technology". I believe the V70 is being updated in 2007 but no word yet about the XC70. Presumably an updated version will follow shortly thereafter.

Malcolm

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Can't comment on the Shogun never driven one !!. We have had our LC4 D-4D for just about 6 months. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's road handling is first class, luxury & comfort inside is second to none. Everything fits no rattles or screws loose. It's quite at speed, has good acceleration, tows the van at 1854kg MTPLM with ease. Fuel consumption I have never checked as the car only has 4500 miles on the clock so not really run in yet. I just smile every time I get in it. Only one down side it's rather large when it comes to clean and polish time. I can't praise this vehicle enough.

ps Off road in Sainsbury's car park when the 4x4 comes into it's own, handling is superb.

Val & Frank

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts