Shortest distance travelled

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
What's the shortest distance you have ever travelled to a site for a couple of nights away , in my case it is just over an hour, i was at the caravan this morning just doing a couple of jobs when a Couple came to collect their caravan, I said going anywhere nice and they said to the golf course which takes about thirty caravans and is just five minutes away, the reason of this mini holiday was because being their new caravan the kids could not wait to go away in it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
camel said:
What's the shortest distance you have ever travelled to a site for a couple of nights away , in my case it is just over an hour, i was at the caravan this morning just doing a couple of jobs when a Couple came to collect their caravan, I said going anywhere nice and they said to the golf course which takes about thirty caravans and is just five minutes away, the reason of this mini holiday was because being their new caravan the kids could not wait to go away in it.
Storage site in Malvern to CL in Malvern. 5 minutes. From home to storage about 20 minutes.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Did a C&CC THS ten minutes (walking) from home about 5 minutes by Car as I have to take the anti-clockwise route away from the house.

Any easy way to see what a THS was as we had not been to one before. Stayed one night.

Edit. Checked on Google maps it’s 0.3 miles

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
About 15 years ago my sister and b-I-l thought they would try caravanning so they bought a brand new van and put it on a storage pitch at Alderstead Heath site. There they made day trips to it but went home at night - 10 miles away. Every three months they had to move it so they hitched up and travelled to the touring pitches on the site. They left it there for a few days before moving it back again. After b-I-l died the caravan was sold with the beds never having been slept on, the toilet, shower and fridge never having been used - only the hob to make a cup of tea. How crazy was that?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
From where we store caravan probably about 45 minutes down the A19 to White Water Park caravan club site is our shortest drive , just nice to get away.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When One time we brought the caravan home from storage, setting up to go away next day , Duvet Fridge full etc, Invited neighbours in for a drink, the eventually left and we slept in the van on the drive.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
When One time we brought the caravan home from storage, setting up to go away next day , Duvet Fridge full etc, Invited neighbours in for a drink, the eventually left and we slept in the van on the drive.

Hutch the question was ..What was the shortest distance you have ever TRAVELLED :whistle:
You didnt travel as it was on your drive :evil:

Ours was 3.7 miles to try out current van when we purchased.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

Hutch the question was ..What was the shortest distance you have ever TRAVELLED :whistle:

Oh Being Pedantic again. :p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I loves you really :kiss:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

Oh Yeah, Hopefully our Woosie snacks will be better than yours at the Fest.
Hope all is going well with you. :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have moved the caravan from the storage area of the site to the site itself for family to stay when there were too many for us to put up. The shortest trip has been runs out to Luss C&CC site about 30 miles.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
1/2 mile, - (less as the crow flies) Caravan Club rally on our village playing field (35 years ago), sports practice for the kids. Only way our kids could participate was to be on the rally, so I agreed to take the van for them and mother and I would have a w/e at home myself. Alot of our friends were there, weather was absolutely gorgeous finished up spending the w/e there. Superb w/e, weather brilliant, grass same colour as 400 miles away! - Saturday night social in the village hall, parked the car on our own drive, 100 yds away. Really appreciated the 'long tow' home on the Sunday evening.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:

Oh Yeah, Hopefully our Woosie snacks will be better than yours at the Fest.
Hope all is going well with you. :)

What is this woosie thing as seen it mentioned a couple of times?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
About two miles for me. Years ago, coming home from work, I saw a chap I know walking along the road. Knowing he wasnt local I stopped to see if he needed a lift. It turned out he was running a rally at the next village had just walked to the shop. He persuaded me to go and get SWMBO and the van and join them.
This of course back in the days when I thought rallying might be a good idea.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/chit-chat/49441-what-are-the-woosies

It's meet up to put faces to names, SWMBO was dubious at first, but after three, its great. Normally a Saturday night meal in a pub or club house the rest of the time is just chilling and banter, and doing your own thing.
Surely this years, Woosie King will give the meet up caravan site.
All welcome.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Buckman. Why not come to this year's Woosie meet up. Referred to as the Woosiefest. You would be most welcome. Trawl the more recent pages of the Woosie Club thread in chit chat and you will get the idea.

Back to the OP. We TRAVELLED on foot (I've seen the contribution from Kev and Hutch) from our back door to the drive for a night in the van on two previous Christmases.
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Buckman. Why not come to this year's Woosie meet up. Referred to as the Woosiefest. You would be most welcome. Trawl the more recent pages of the Woosie Club thread in chit chat and you will get the idea.

Back to the OP. We TRAVELLED on foot (I've seen the contribution from Kev and Hutch) from our back door to the drive for a night in the van on two previous Christmases.
Mel

I will give you that LadyMel ( but dont tell Hutch)

may the DRIVE rise up to meet you.
may the caravan be at the other end
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kiss:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Martin that's so much more than any of us could do. , but its still your round next. :)

As we will not be moving home anytime soon I have decided to adopt the ways from up here. A round? I left my wallet at home. :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
FAO Buckman, you're asking about the 'Woosies', the following are already booked in to the next 'fest'
WOOsiefest.jpg

As you can see there are already 9 couples booked in and if you follow the site link it is a very nice site to meet up on. In the 'picturesque county of Lincolnshire, handy for several seaside resorts and some lovely market towns and wolds countryside.
http://woodthorpeleisurepark.com/
The easiest way to get an idea of us is to follow the Woosies thread in chit chat.
If you should choose to join us , make your own reservations with the site. Our rules are very simple, -- there aren't any! -- just common decency.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts