Show report: CMT 2018

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Defthleff Joy 480 looks interesting at 1200 kg MTPLM. Wonder what its payload is or whether it can be upgraded. German quality and lightweight can’t be bad especially if it has a cooker/oven and heating too :)

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
The Eriba Trolls look great, something to consider when we are empty nesters possibly.

The Evasion with the Thule rack on a rear lowball is interesting too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
KeefySher said:
The Eriba Trolls look great, something to consider when we are empty nesters possibly.

The Evasion with the Thule rack on a rear lowball is interesting too.

When after three year break we decided to start caravanning again we bought a Trigano Silver 420DD and must say the quality was excellent and even as a 2008 caravan it was perfectly dry. Headroom was okay once I had crossed the portal and I am 6ft 4 inches tall. We bought it in September 2016 with romantic notions of swanning off to Europe and endless BBQs etc. However, on its shakedown cruise to Brecon the weather was awful (story of my life in vans!) and it became apparent that it was too constricted inside to be comfortable. The awning wasn't much help either given the lousy weather. I almost had to give notice to my wife that I required to move around the van, and could she sit down. And this was without our two spaniels accompanying us. So we decided to move back to something bit more conventional.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed the Joy looks impressive although not sure I would want to use the fold out section in winter or strong winds. The weight looks good though and presumably it could get through to the Eldiss models in due course if the group share their building methods.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
Agreed the Joy looks impressive although not sure I would want to use the fold out section in winter or strong winds. The weight looks good though and presumably it could get through to the Eldiss models in due course if the group share their building methods.

Would need a front window for U.K. sales.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts