Shower gel with a hook

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the decline of the hooked shower get container? It is so convenient for small showers - keeps it out of the way and is easy to access. I assume that manufacturers of containers find it cheaper to make them without a hanger. Even Radox seem to be phasing them out. Any solutions?

Jo

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
The only thought I have Joanna is to save your old used bottle with the hanger and transfer the gel to these older bottle and reuse . Whats left in the new bottle could be used up on your first shower . I remember buying some lovely wine ( wolf blass ) in plastic bottles about 3 years ago , now I always transfer wine to these bottles if touring to save that bit of weight against the glass bottle + its unbreakable , Unlucky for the fella that bought wine in glass bottles the same time as I bought 6 unbreakable ones , his split the carrier bag whilst walking over the car park and smashed the glass , I know I shouldn't , but I did chuckle , oops . ;) So maybe reusing is your answer !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JoannaLesley said:
Has anyone else noticed the decline of the hooked shower get container? It is so convenient for small showers - keeps it out of the way and is easy to access. I assume that manufacturers of containers find it cheaper to make them without a hanger. Even Radox seem to be phasing them out. Any solutions?

Jo
Yes
Keep the old bottle and refill it

I have just done that with a Radox shower gel, as I found a local frozen food supermarket was selling 1L bottles of the scent I like with a pump on top at a much keener price than buying the equivalent 4 smaller bottles

Plus I use the large pump bottle for washing up liquid at the sink. You'd be amazed how much further you can make washing up liquid go, so two savings in one go :)

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We had the same problem and a while ago I found Waitrose did their own shower gel with a hook. If you've not got a Waitrose anywhere near you, there's probably one somewhere near to where you will go caravanning. Good luck in your search, I've not seen any others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts