Shower tray.

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Hello friends. I have a problem in my caravan. My caravan is a 2000 Bailey ranger 520-4 the shower tray keeps getting water in it.its not the toilet as that is blue and flush is pink.the shower pipe is dry and goes under the bed the walls in the toilet are all bone dry can anyone tell me where the water is coming from.thank you all.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How much water in depth?
Is your overhead vent over the shower? Over what period does the water build up? Are you using the van at the time or is it closed up? Have you checked your pipes for interconnections and possible back flow?

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Hobby and if our waste water pipe is submerged under the surface of the water in the Wastemaster container outside, then we get a backup of water into the shower tray. I therefore had to cut my wastepipe slightly shorter so it just hovers above the wastemaster opening and that sorted the problem.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
benshepherd said:
I have a Hobby and if our waste water pipe is submerged under the surface of the water in the Wastemaster container outside, then we get a backup of water into the shower tray. I therefore had to cut my wastepipe slightly shorter so it just hovers above the wastemaster opening and that sorted the problem.

Good one , is your caravan level or not leveled properly as for draining the water away ?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have had this problem on a previous caravan when using it. it was the water from the bathroom sink which was not clearing into the waste. If this is the problem a plug in the shower outlet should cure it.
If everything else is dry except the shower tray then I cannot see any other reason for the water.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
To follow up on some suggestions above - you can trace the plumbing beneath the van - in my case the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink join up to one outlet, with the shower emerging alongside. However I then use a 'Y' waste pipe to run both outlets into the same wastemaster, so I am at risk of blackflow into the shower in certain circumstances.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts