Shurflow Pump

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, I have an Avondale Osprey fitted with an on board water tank using two whale submersible pumps, one in the Aquaroll and the other in the tank.

The system takes a lot of getting used to and can be very fiddly to set up correctly.

I noticed at the Three Counties Show that the new Osprey has done away with the on board tank and is now fitted with a 16psi Shurflow pump. I would like to retro fit this system but, of course the van manufacturer is not very helpful. Has anyone else fitted one of these pumps? It seems to be quite straight forward, unles I'm missing something!

If anyone has an Osprey with this system I would be very gratefull for a copy of the circuit diagram or any other info.

Clive

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a Shurflow pump for a number of years and change it from van to van etc.

All that is required is to insert the pump in the feed from the aquaroll and the taps.So in your case you would use the pipe from the aquaroll for the inlet and the pipe from the tank to the taps as the outlet.(I understand you are doing away with the tank)I left mine resting on a car sponge to cut down vibration/noise.

You then take the 12V from the supply to the tank pump and connect to the Shurflow. I would run a heavier cable from the battery via a fuse and use the existing pump + to operate a relay as this then takes the load and prolongs life of microswitches.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info Ann and John.

Could you tell me if you have a non return valve fitted between the pump and the rest of the system or is it integral with the pump? Can you also say whether you have fitted an accumulator to iron out the pump surge?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again clive

I do have a surge damper fitted although I don't remember to pump it up very often !!

The pump does not list a non return valve among the features and all that the instructions say is"Check valve used in the system must be a free flow design.If you can blow through it in the direction of the flow the valve is suitable.If you cannot it may cause exvessive restriction".I fitted one in the feed pipe.

It also mentions using 14 gauge wire up to 20 feet for both the + and -.A 15 amp fuse is recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts