similar threads = old threads?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Over the past weeks there have been several ancient posts resurrected and subsequently closed by the moderators. Is this because in the last revamp we gained a list of so called similar threads beneath current forum discussions - today one apparently from 2013 and another from 2015! Can’t imagine which form of AI bot selects them as most seem entirely dissimilar and irrelevant. Maybe it is time to banish this additional ‘benefit’ for good?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Over the past weeks there have been several ancient posts resurrected and subsequently closed by the moderators. Is this because in the last revamp we gained a list of so called similar threads beneath current forum discussions - today one apparently from 2013 and another from 2015! Can’t imagine which form of AI bot selects them as most seem entirely dissimilar and irrelevant. Maybe it is time to banish this additional ‘benefit’ for good?
When an old thread is resurrected we usually lock the thread to prevent further replies being added.
I asked Admin if they could get rid of these unwanted 'Similar Threads' but so far I haven't received a reply.

Jul 19, 2023
Visit site
Isn't it better to add option in the Preference settings so that users can turn them on or off acc. to their preference? And also the number of similar threads it shows.