Single or Return Ferry, Costwise?

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

Can anyone tell me what the score is if you want to go UK to Spain on ferry with 'van and return N France to UK a few weeks later. Can you book that as a return through any ferry operator or would you have to book single each way?

Thanks

Carole

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Yes, you can do that with P&O to Bilboa and return from France or the other way. We don't think that it is any cheaper to take the ferry to Spain instead of driving down taking about two days to reach the border at St Jean de Luz. We take a late ferry to Calais staying the rest of the night on the dock. In the morning we go to Poiters and then to St. Jean de Luz.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can mix routes with the same company e.g. Brittany Portsmouth to St Malo out and Cherbourg to Poole back without any problem and i'm sure P&O do the same.

As for single v return I've not found any firm info either way, although I believe Norfolk Line crossings can be booked this way without any great problem (but this is due to wanting to change dates not routes). When the ferrys had published prices it was easy to see, but now you are lucky to get the same price quoted with even a few hours difference.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Carole

Yes you can mix routes but not operators. We are booked Brittany Ferries Portsmouth to Caen early January, returning Santander to Plymouth in mid March.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts