Single or Twin Electrics

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya,

we are about to change our car (which has twin electrics & Towbar) and in the process of deciding whether to have single or twin electics put on the new one.

What would your advise be?

Rgds

Jack & Gaz

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
13pin is the way to go. ( 1 socket on car & 1 plug on the van )

Its far superior & locks into the socket by 1/3rd of a turn, just make sure that whoever fits it for you, that the fridge connection is in & working, all new vans are now 13pin.

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I would concur with Sproket, it is vital that whoever fits the 13 pin kit understands the need for a fridge supply (if it's a car dealer they probably will not) I have several posts on here about my long running problem with my (expensive) factory fitted tow bar on my Audi, now thankfully resolved.

Bill D.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya,

thank you to those that replied. I have spoken with my Towbar fitter and gone for the 13pin option, more expensive but probably better in the longer term. Thank you again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jacky

Can't think why having a 13pin socket fitted should cost more than the old 7n & 7s sockets.

The wiring and connections etc to the car should be the same.

Al

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Jacky

Can't think why having a 13pin socket fitted should cost more than the old 7n & 7s sockets.

The wiring and connections etc to the car should be the same.

Al
Hiya,

The twin electrics and the 13 pin are the same cost to install, but we need to by the converter which in a further 25ukl with the 13 pin as our van is a 2x7 plug.

Rgds

TRENDING THREADS