Site close to NEC - any recommendations?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know of a site near the NEC? Doesn't matter if it's a cl or commercial site as long as it has good vehicular access.

Also, it must be open early March.

Thanks.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ian.

I've just had a look on the website. I'm not a member of the C&CC club, only the CC. It looks fine so I might give them a ring later. Incidentially, do you know of any other sites near the NEC?

Lisa

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi lisa

Your dont have to be a member of the c&cc and the only other one is cannock chase 20 mile away at least you will have clean toilets and showers best of luck.Ian.L

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
the site that one of the others was talking about is called hollyfast caravan park?. its on the edge of coventry (the birmingham side) is a cs for the c&cc. its quite nice the showers and toilets are great there is a little play area for the toddlers and usually a bouncy castle depending what time of year. you dont have to be a member but if you are its slightly cheaper. its a nice site some of the pitches are tight but if you ask for the ones on the right hand side they are slightly bigger.

hope this helps

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
the site that one of the others was talking about is called hollyfast caravan park?. its on the edge of coventry (the birmingham side) is a cs for the c&cc. its quite nice the showers and toilets are great there is a little play area for the toddlers and usually a bouncy castle depending what time of year. you dont have to be a member but if you are its slightly cheaper. its a nice site some of the pitches are tight but if you ask for the ones on the right hand side they are slightly bigger.

hope this helps

jo-anne
you wouldnt know you was in coventry.there is some nice pubs nearby and my friend owns a horse yard nearby its a lovely area very beautiful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa,

There is a site at Meriden ( adult only ).We went to have a look at it some time ago and it looked ok.

see their web-site :-

www.somerswood.co.uk

Somers Wood Caravan & Camping Park,Somers Road,Meriden,CV7 7PL

Tel no.01676 522978

If you are a CC member have you thought about Chapel Lane,Wythall? Most of the exhibitors seem to use that site as the NEC is only 9 miles away. ( Page 52 of the Club Book )

We stopped at Hollyfast site once only and were forced to go onto a pitch which was too tight and were refused permission to move even though we were almost the only ones on site.Would not choose to use that one again.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for all the replies folks, it's appreciated.

Maureen - I contacted Chapel Lane but they are not taking bookings for that far ahead. I was thinking ahead as I've heard that when I will be visiting the NEC in early March, due to the large event, everywhere gets fully booked. I've decided to go for Chapel Lane and I'll book it as soon as they start taking bookings for 2007.

Thanks again.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS