Site fees

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I stayed at a site in the lake district last week and the warden told me that 2 No. Motohomes (About £50000 each) came in and pitched on the late arrivals area. the next morning the occupants were begging other people to let them into the toilet block (you need a key to get in) saying they had forgotten to bring their key. then when they were ready they up and drove off the site.

it puzzles me that people who can afford £50000 for a motohome and to run it, would make themselves theives for a £15.00 pitch fee. anyone got any thoughts on the subject

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Without knowing all the details why the motorhomes were parked on the late arrivals area, I would say it's best to reserve judgement in this case. It's obvious from your post that they only intended to stay one night and I know that some sites try to keep large motorhomes on hard standings as close as possible to the entrance if the ground is unsuitable for their relatively high axle loads. Perhaps, therefore, they were directed by the warden to stand there and maybe the site doesn't hand out washroom keys to overnight stays in the late arrivals area in principle because of the high risk of people driving off early without returning them, especially as this area is often outside the main gate.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shiraz,I read your post, and it is amazing, given what you say, that people will risk a criminal record, if the point were pushed, which I think it should be, for the sake of a few pounds, especially considering the cost of Motorhomes. Maybe they are having problems paying the HP on them and need to save that bit of money.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm totally staggered that someone could consuder doing that. At the weekend we stayed at the CC site, Grin Low in Buxton. We got there early Thursday evening but after the gate was locked. The warden, who had been expecting us quite late anyway, was fine but said he couldn't give us a gate pass because he had previously had a drive off in similar circumstances to the one described by Shiraz.

Sadly, we all then have to suffer for the selfish actions of others. To drive off for the sake of

TRENDING THREADS