Site For Anglers

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We recently stayed at ....... http://www.orchardpark.co.uk/ just outside Boston, Lincs.
It is a nice site, well sheltered by trees despite the flatness of the area.
There are hardstandings and grass pitches, lots of them screened off by hedges.
On site there is a small cafe/restaurant which we never tried due to be restricted opening because of their winter hours.
Across the quiet 'B' road is the reception and bar where there are also holiday static caravans.
The shower block was warm and on entering there are male and female parts with their own showers, sinks, toilets, hair dryers etc. and there is also about ten shower rooms which were en-suite with toilet, basin, shower.
It was a nice walk with the dogs around the lake where the fishing is £15pw. When I went to take this pic my neighbours (on pic) had just caught a bream and 121/2 lb carp.
A deposit of £20 is required for the barrier card which is refundable.
Owners were friendly and you are allowed to pick your own pitch.

20101017OrchardPark-Boston4.jpg

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I forgot to mention the downside
smiley-embarassed.gif

There is only one chemical disposal point but I just put the cassette in the car and drove there.
The other is the waste water disposal. That is on the side of the shower block and you have to do a balancing act because it is about 2 feet off the ground. I managed ok by lying the wastemaster flat, wheels first, then lifting the wheels onto the edge. Then I got hold of the handle and tipped it.
If you do go don't forget to take the water kit so you don't have to keep topping up the AquaRoll or a length of house to fix to the tap and reach the AquaRoll to save moving it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts