Site for eastern cornwall - Oct 2008

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks

Looking for a decent site to the east side of Cornwall for next year. We have just had a superb week staying at Carnon Downs (3 miles west of Truro) and spent the time touring the western side (north and south coasts). We would now like to do the same on the western side.

Anyone any ideas for a site with good access/facilities for largish outfit.

Thanks in advance

John

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi john, tell me more about your stay carnon downs?.

we had a quick look last year and saw what a top site it was and toured some of the north sites and no one is a patch on carnon downs.

jo-anne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Slightly different part , ie north coast . Cornwall, Trewethett Farm near Tintagel must have one of the best views in UK. Great walking coastal paths as well.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

we had a quick look last year and saw what a top site it was and toured some of the north sites and no one is a patch on carnon downs.

jo-anne
Hi Jo-anne

Top notch site with pleasant owners/wardens and good facilities - a la CC. Easy access to and from site and within easy distance of western cornwall attractions. Supermarket in Truro about 4 miles away.

Highly recommend.

John

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
wooda park at bude on the north coast is aexcellant site with good access and easy to get to/find.we go here several weekends as i live 18 miles away at launceston.it has top class toilet block kids play area and restaurantand the whole site is kept very clean large pitches.also a seperate caravan service place and accesory shop.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site

jo-anne
Hi Jo-Anne

I was at Carnon Downs last week. (as recomneded by someone on this forum).

Can only echo the comments already made. An excellent site.

They're just building a new amenity block , in the far field and looked like they were making alot of the pithces into fully serviced also.

Good childrens play area and excellent dog walks too.

Pitches seemed very well spaced out and the site was well maintained (even despite the building works).

One thing I did notice though was there seemed to be alot of pitches that were seasonal useage. Talking to the couple next to us (seasonal) it seems like an attraction of the site being all year and close to Truro obviously had an appeal.

That said , we'd go back again.

also have to say , I agree with another comment elsewhere about Cornwall shutting up shop. I was amased how many people were still holidaying in Cornwall even for Novemeber yet we struggled to find enough places open especially for children.

That said the Jungle barn at Paradise Park - Hayle and the Bull Pen and Dairyland in Newquay were

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts