Site getting ready for openning

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday went a walk round Tittersworth reservoir with the dogs, called at Blackshawmoore Leek and Grin low Buxton; CC Wardens just arrived to get ready for the opening of the sites for next weekend.
On another note one of my posts has gone missing, l was asking if anyone has decided to cut their journeys down this year due to the fuel crisis in the Middle East.
We have opted to cancel the New Forest and Freshwater East sites and booked nearer home now travelling within a 140 mile radius instead of the doing the longer 200 mile plus distances, rather disappointed especially with cancelling Freshwater East has this site has some great memories of when my Daughter was young some 20 odd years ago, we used to take her to Barrafundle bay, walk her down the aisle on the 17th of June, would have been nice to go the week after and enjoy those memories, we shall still enjoy the sites we have booked which is Penhros Anglesey which has some fond memories too. Hope things change for next year if not will have to bite the bullet and spend the extra money and to hell with the fuel companies.
Regards
NigelH

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Heethers said:
On another note one of my posts has gone missing, l was asking if anyone has decided to cut their journeys down this year due to the fuel crisis in the Middle East.

NigelH
Hi Nigel
I've had a look and it isn't in our system I'm afraid
smiley-frown.gif

Are you certain that you clicked 'Save' to submit the post?
I've lost posts of my own by inadvertantly clicking on 'Preview' and then going to another section thinking that my post was submitted when it wasn't.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We haven't reduced the amount of sites we are visiting or mileage although we realise that once there our trips around the area we are staying will no doubt have to be curtailed. To help regarding the fuel we are using more CLs and club £10pn sites than ever before. Also two trips of 2 weeks each are on a private site making use of their offers which work out at less than a CL.
Another help is we don't use our car so much now at home although the way things are going even the above might not help considering the worsening situation.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Me too Wendy all greatley received, what with the wedding this year might have to go busking, maybe not wife say'a l havn't got a tune in my head.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't it be nice to share a few extra pennies all round? Unfortunately OH is having to put in a few extra hours to fund the outings, so I'm afraid there won't be any left overs!
smiley-wink.gif

I suppose I could get a job!
smiley-cool.gif

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't do that Wendy who will get the van ready for all your outings if the OH is working, oh and his dinner of course.
Actually we could dig deep and bite the bullet but with the wedding coming up and the wife retiring at the end of this month we thought it prudent to stay nearer home for this year. Next year a different kettle of fish with one less female to support, still have three in tow, the wife and our two Yorkies, up to last year it would have been four but the wife lost her horse and yes you guessed it was a Mare, thought the budgie was a **** till it laid an egg, never mind house full of females some would say you have it made. Ha! Ha!
NigelH

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Heethers said:
Don't do that Wendy who will get the van ready for all your outings if the OH is working, oh and his dinner of course.

Exactly - you have to get your priorities right! LOL
smiley-laughing.gif

Anyhow, I "retired" three years ago (at a very young age
smiley-wink.gif
) I don't think I would want to go to work again - come to that, I don't think anyone would give me a job. LOL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts