Site in Wales (good beach...)

Apr 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Just started caravaning!!! Been out to the east coast now looking to travel from Derbyshire across to wales.

Looking for your recommendations for a good clean touring site that is close to a sandy beach. Must have the electric hook up as the other half is still getting use to the caravan (the thought of no electric still worries her at the moment!!).

Thanks,

Paul

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Paul

How far do you want to travel?

Are you a CC member?

I went to Freshwater East during May day bank hols, in Pembrokeshire, a CC site, 5 minute walk to a clean and sandy beach from the van. For you from Derbyshire a bit of a jaunt, I travelled from Wolves, it took me 6 hours (including a couple of breaks) - this was my first trip though.

I have just got back from Coed-Lwyn (also CC) near Ffestiniog. Harlech beach, clean and sandy is only a 15 minute drive away.

Tim

May 29, 2007
Visit site
This site is nearer Lamphey than freshwater east, that is unless they have picked it up and moved it. But you are only talking a couple of mins. They only thing i will say the roads down there are quite narrow in parts and if you have a long or wide van it may be a bit of a struggle. Oh forgot to mention the sand dunes down there are teaming with adders at this time of year and i would'nt let my kids or dogs wonder to far. Not a joke as i said in another post was born and bread in pembrokeshire

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
we did the CC site at Freshwater East last year and it was excellent.

Easy access to a good beach, lots of good walking, nice site, and if you follow the CC directions it`s eay to get to.

It is a decent distance from Derbyshire though (we`re in West Yorkshire), but we thought it worth the effort and will definately go back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tenby (North and South beach) and Saundersfoot area are excellent with plenty of sites within 2 miles of the beaches. Pembrey Country Park nr Llanelli a CC site with a Blue Flag Beach within 600mt (take your bicycles)loads of cycle routes around the park and along the millenium coast. Freshwater East another CC site just a little west of Tenby. Hope this helps.

Jun 22, 2006
Visit site
Tenby (North and South beach) and Saundersfoot area are excellent with plenty of sites within 2 miles of the beaches. Pembrey Country Park nr Llanelli a CC site with a Blue Flag Beach within 600mt (take your bicycles)loads of cycle routes around the park and along the millenium coast. Freshwater East another CC site just a little west of Tenby. Hope this helps.
i stayed on a great site for a family holiday, right on the beach in barnmouth. not sure of the name now but google it -it had indoor pool , stema rooms for an extra charge, playgrounds, bars , entertainment nice shower blocks but also you could be nearer the beach and far enough away to avoid all the entertainment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts