Site near Dover Ferry port?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chrissielizzie,

I can't help you I'm afraid. This will be my first time in Harwich. When I've turned up at Ferry ports before (with the exception of Dover), there's usually somewhere near the check-in booths to park up. I'm getting a 09:00 boat near the end of May and I believe this is the first boat of the day so I won't be getting in anybody's way.

The problem with Dover is that there is such a throughput of traffic, 24 hours a day, that they don't like people parking up until they're ready to board. Although the port at Calais seems to offer good facilities.

For me, going down the night before means I don't risk missing the boat. I have read other posts were people talked about staying overnight in Harwich - I'll try and dig-out some examples.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chrissielizzie,

I just realised that all the previous posts on over-nighting at Harwich are from you. Therefore you are now the Subject Matter Experts on Over-night Stays at Harwich.

So when do you return? If it's before the 23rd May could you share your experience and any tips on this Forum?

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
We'll be staying overnight in Harwich on the 23rd and sailing out at 09:00 on the 24th. Worst case scenario is that there will be nowhere to stay so we'll have to start heading home.

TRENDING THREADS