Site near Dunkirk

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi there
We are looking for a site for just one night about 25 miles from Calais heading towards Dunkirk. We would like it to be easy access and not far off the A16 motorway. Many of the sites seem to be holiday sites, through the towns and on the coast. We have looked at Camping Ter Hoeve near Adinkirke and wondered if anyone out there knows what it is like. Information on any other sites would be of help.

Thanks and happy travels BarryB

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barry
We have stayed at a couple of sites in the area
(1) Chateau Gandspette is a popular choice for many English caravanners
(2) Camping Perroquet on the coast at Bray Dunes, in France but right on the the Belgian border
You can read my and other reviews on ukcampsite.co.uk - campsite search.
I hope this helps.
Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barry
My vote goes to Chateau de Granspette. Its not too far off the A26 or D300/600 on the other side. It has a nice restaurant as well. I have lost count of the time we have stayed there. Some pictures here
David

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks to both Tim and David for their suggested campsites. Also particular thanks to David for his website, a really good read, where I have found another site which I think may well suit us for just the one night. It is Camping Bouscarel, and I feel it is more in the direction we want to go the next day. Thanks again and happy travels. BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Camping Bouscarel is fine for a night halt, we've stayed there a few times on the way to/from the Calais or Dunkirk ferry. The lady who runs it is very friendly too It's a bit quiet though, if thats what you want great, we've tended to use Ganspette instead in recent years as we've found it's nice to have meals in their restuarant after doing the ferry run and the kids love the pool. But if you're after a simple site in the area, Bouscarel is very pleasant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts