Site near M5

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Due to change in plans we are looking for a site in the Tewkesbury area convenient for the M5.

For this weekend Friday and Saturday, dont need on site entertainment, prefer a quiet site with local eatery. 2 adults with no kids.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Brian

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't want to teach you how to suck eggs Brian but because it's so close I would ring and not go online. They might have late cancellations which won't show up on the website.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian, i am booked into the cc broadway site this weekend and wont be able to make it. i havent cancelled it yet. its not that far from the m5 and its a quiet beautiful site, not to big and huge pitches. im sure they are all hard standing pitches apart from 3. let me know what you want to do asap.

thanks

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian, i am booked into the cc broadway site this weekend and wont be able to make it. i havent cancelled it yet. its not that far from the m5 and its a quiet beautiful site, not to big and huge pitches. im sure they are all hard standing pitches apart from 3. let me know what you want to do asap.

thanks

jo-anne
forgot to say im sure its a members only site, are you a member?.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Brian,

I'm sure that there is also Camping & Caravanning Club site at Winchcombe which isn't far off the M5.

The Caravan Club site at Tewkesbury is extremely popular for overnights as it is only 5 mins off the M5 and you can walk into the town from the site.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Jo-anne

Sorry about the delay - have had PC problems all day.

Thanks for the offer, if still available would love to take up your booking - I am a CC member.

What is the routine ??

Cheers

Brian

PS Tewkesbury CC site is closed - under water

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi brian, ive not done this before so let me know what sort of time that you wont me cancel it or it might be easier if we do this via email then via mobiles so no one else can take the booking.

my email is taylor421@btinternet.com

if we can do this asap then better for you. unless you have a better idea mate?.

jo

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian, just rang broadway cc site to ask if i can cancel and then you ring up straight away and they wont let us do it because they have people on site that wont to extend there hols.

you can try and ring them if you like on 01386858786.

the only other thing i can suggest is ring rob at harbury fields farm on 01926 612457. a lovely cl that now has 14 pitches it has a wet room and seperate toilet for male and female and its about

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian just been on cc webpage and did a quick weekend check. it says the sites that have spaces are burford, cheltenham race course, notgrove and tewkesbury. i would ring all of them to see if they are water logged or give tewkesbury a ring to see if its still water logged.

hope i have helped

jo-anne

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
I've just had a look at the web site which Jo-Anne mentioned

www.harburyfields.co.uk

For a CL it looks absolutely marvellous....plenty of room as well ( 2 acres )

That's definitely going on to my list for reference purposes.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
shushhhhhhhhh maureen dont tell anyone or they will all want to go.

by next year he will have approx 30 pitches and 2 toilet and shower blocks. he is a really nice young farmer with a young family.

keep it to yourself. its a secret.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian, just rang broadway cc site to ask if i can cancel and then you ring up straight away and they wont let us do it because they have people on site that wont to extend there hols.

you can try and ring them if you like on 01386858786.

the only other thing i can suggest is ring rob at harbury fields farm on 01926 612457. a lovely cl that now has 14 pitches it has a wet room and seperate toilet for male and female and its about

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Your best bet has to be the CC site in Tewkesbury right next to the Cathedral and 2 min walk into the town however given the flooding I should check that it is open as it is closed when the two rivers flood.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

I have e-mailed jo-anne seperately to explain that our destination site in Devon is advising very muudy conditions with more heavy rain expected and since we were travelling from Cumbria we have decided to stay nearer home

Cheers and thankyou all

Brian

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
brian, i dont blame you. with the waether thats proberbly why there are now spaces at moreton and broadway.

if you ever need a stop over again the broadway site is worth a stop.

jo-anne

thanks for the email

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

If Harbury fields site is a cl.the site as a cl is only licensed by the local authority and tha caravan club to take 5 caravans so the owner is breaking the rules.Jim

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Just back from our revised break - stayed at Lamb Cottage CS near Northwich in Cheshire. Excellent adults only site with superb toilet block - would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet break. Weather was terrible, but site drained really well and caused no problems.

Thanks again for previous advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts