Site near NEC

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
If you really want one of the two clubs,try C&cc site at Kingsbury Water Park easy to get to NEC on M42 takes around 15 mins.Site recently refurbed set in area as name implies of lakes with also canal walks adjacent.Good fishing and watersports,close to the Belfry Golf,Drayton Manor Park,various country pubs and depending on your preference 5 mins from the Aston Villa training ground.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Chapel Lane CC site at Wythall 3 weeks ago and the site is a credit to the club and the stewards.

The entrance is colourful with hanging baskets etc and the site is very well maintained

Book early !!

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
We also stay at Chapel Lane when we go to the NEC in Feb.

It is a very good site and wardens are helpful, friendly and do a great job.

There are some good pubs around for evening meals and the Farm shop, which is walking distance is also convenient for all groceries aand daytime meals.

Although some distance from the NEC the motorway has never been a problem and even in the morning with heavy traffic it was always moving.

We would recommend the site but do book early as very popular.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Phil,Chapel lane is a long way from the NEC and even in good traffic will take a long time and the route on that bit of M42 gets very congested and has variable speed limits and dozens of speed cameras.Kingsbury is much closer and the M42 that you would use is less busy,if you wanted you could go along the A46 from by the site which is even quieter and you can enter the NEC from the less busy 'back door'

A final choice would be down the back lanes with no traffic at all,I know which site I would pick,but the choice is yours,either way they are both popular so booking early is essential.If you wanted a commercial site there is a lovely adult only site 5 mins from the NEC and next to a golf course and is on the edge of Meriden.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Phil,Chapel lane is a long way from the NEC and even in good traffic will take a long time and the route on that bit of M42 gets very congested and has variable speed limits and dozens of speed cameras.Kingsbury is much closer and the M42 that you would use is less busy,if you wanted you could go along the A46 from by the site which is even quieter and you can enter the NEC from the less busy 'back door'

A final choice would be down the back lanes with no traffic at all,I know which site I would pick,but the choice is yours,either way they are both popular so booking early is essential.If you wanted a commercial site there is a lovely adult only site 5 mins from the NEC and next to a golf course and is on the edge of Meriden.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If you are going for one of the caravan shows the CC run a basic facility at the NEC itself.

Personally, I would opt for that as I would not want to spend more than 1 night/2 days at the show.

However if I was looking at it as part of a longer break I would go for another site/CL.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
If you do opt to stay at the NEC itself through the CC then just check beforehand about the price and facilities.

We found that it was more expensive than some of the sites, we were told to bring as much water as we could and there were only limited facilities for disposing of toilets, rubbish etc.

It may have changed since we enquired but because of the price etc we found the caravan sites a much better option.

I can see the advanges if only staying overnight but more days and I would prefer a beter place than a piece of concrete outside the NEC

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
If you do opt to stay at the NEC itself through the CC then just check beforehand about the price and facilities.

We found that it was more expensive than some of the sites, we were told to bring as much water as we could and there were only limited facilities for disposing of toilets, rubbish etc.

It may have changed since we enquired but because of the price etc we found the caravan sites a much better option.

I can see the advanges if only staying overnight but more days and I would prefer a beter place than a piece of concrete outside the NEC
Hi Joyce.

Thanks for that. I have done a bit of research on it and the price is

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
If you are going for one of the caravan shows the CC run a basic facility at the NEC itself.

Personally, I would opt for that as I would not want to spend more than 1 night/2 days at the show.

However if I was looking at it as part of a longer break I would go for another site/CL.
Garry.

My kids on half term the week after so we are going to stay for a couple of days after the show.

Cheers,

Phil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts