Site North of Bristol, Any ideas?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm attempting to find a site north of Bristol, when I say north of Bristol, I don't mean the Lake district, just something within 7 miles around the A38 M5 towards Gloucester.

We are looking for something just after Christmas for a few days so that we can visit friends and Family without imposing on their hospitatlity.

Actually it's a good excuse to get the Caravan out, but don't tell the inlaws.

Nothing fancy, just a hard standing and hook up, and secure of course.

Any experts out there who could help?

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Thorpedo,

Are you a member of the Caravan Club?

If so,there are 4 CL's in the book under South Glos.page 346.

Aust,Pilning, and Almondsbury......all showing electric hook up signs and two of them showing toilet & shower facilities.

There are another 3 under the heading of Chipping Sodbury.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Maureen

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not a member but if the Almondsbury site is open and has availablity it sounds almost perfect, I'd join the club to usethat one as the location is ideal. I've emailed the owner for details.

Hamer

We really fancied Baltic Wharf due to the location, but they are full accross Christmas and new year. I would consider them for another trip though.

It seems that have a limit of 33ft (10.05m) for the length of the 'outfit',I'm not sure what that means, as my Van alone in almost 8m, I can't beleive there are many car and Caravan 'outfits' that would be less than 33ft

Thanks again for all suggestions.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Thorpedo,

The 33foot applies to large vehicles such as Winebagos and other large American style motorhomes. Corners on the site are tight. Long caravans like yours and mine do not have a problem due to the fact the car and caravan articulate.The use of the word "outfit" is confusing.

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS