Site planning permission

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask, if so, I'll post more information.
A friend owns a 35 pitch camping & caravan site in the Meon Valley & is trying to get a planning restriction of 'a caravan may only camp on the site 3 times year' lifted.
He has applied for a planning amendment & wants support for his application, if allowed I'll post details of the application.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't see any problem with that Nick, there's nothing in the rules of the forum to prevent you from asking for support.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No problem at all Nick.
Seems a rather severe restriction anyway and no real foundation.
The normal rule is not longer than 28 days at a time, but no restriction on the number of visits per year.
Hopefully enough people will support his application and get a sensible resolution.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, the site is Scotts Haven near Wickham (http://www.scottshaven.co.uk/)
The planning application details are:
http://www.winchester.gov.uk/EnvironmentAndPlanning/Planning/PlanningApplications/OnlinePlanningApplications/
Tick agree box and then planning applications on line
Next page click on Planning Reference search
In planning reference search box go to first line and type in 12 tab to next box and put in 00562 and the final box put in ful and then click search
Click on make comment box
Tick support and then a few words why you support the application
Then click submit
Thanks on behalf of Steve & Debbie Scott

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
…….I will give your friends my support Nick.

I was born and grew up on a farm not a stones throw from their site and they are still surrounded by quite a few of my relatives dotted around nearby.
They are in competition with several small sites nearby so do not need such a restriction getting in the way.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps Nick could say what happened at the recent planning application meeting of Winchester CC and if his friends were successful in getting the restriction lifted?

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Perhaps Nick could say what happened at the recent planning application meeting of Winchester CC and if his friends were successful in getting the restriction lifted?
I've just heard from Steve who thanks everyone for their support & went on to say
"I lost the planning permission IE a person can only camp three times a year but I am still fighting it.
If I get no more joy out of the council I shall take it to appeal. I got nothing to loose only money"

Still seems a bizarre restriction to me.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......sorry to hear that.

The mind boggles as to how the Council would enforce the rule.
Is there a nosey neighbour keeping a 24/7 look out and reporting back or do they send someone out to check the campsites books?
What if the books showed several Mr and Mrs Smiths of 1 Railway Cottage Borsetshire to have stayed more than 3 times
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts