Site recommendation for West Wales Please.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
We would like to visit this area later this year and wonderd if anyone could recommend a site. Our options our fairly flexible location wise, somewhere from Newquay to Barmouth. I have looked at pleanty of sites on the net but thought we would go on recommendation. Would like if possible to be within walking distance of the coast/town but not essential, although clean toilets/showers and ehu are. Would prefer small and quiet, however large and clubhouse (which i know there are afew) would not put us off.

Most important are your comments and recommendations.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike & Anna

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Mike we stayed at a site in Barmouth back in the eighties l have seen it on the web its called Hendra not to be confused with the one in Newquay Cornwall as it has no club facilities, still looks good it was a good site back then access to the beach over the railway bridge.

I know it's a while since we went but l am sure someone on here as been since and can give you a report on the site.

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend Drenewydd Farm in Aberaeron. Within walking distance of the town, along side the sea nice owners and no noisy clubhouse, but plenty of pubs/clubs nearby if you want them.

I live only a few miles away,and am speaking from experience.

Steve.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Went to the Hendra site about 4 years ago. Really liked it as a very short walk to the town and the beach was just over the railway line. Its a vey quiet line and we weren't bothered by the noise. There is a step hill down to the site as far as i remember.

Is Pembray far enough west for you? The CC site is lovely, next to the country park and a walk to a fab beach. Llanelli the nearest town sadly.

mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

We have stayed at CC Lleithyr Meadows St Davids twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wardens were excellent. Plenty of good walks in the area. Some excellent eating places in St Davids.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts