Site suggestions for the Home Counties

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's time to put your thinking caps on... I'm writing a feature about the western Home Counties for the next issue, and I'd love to know what sites, holiday parks, CLs and CSs you've all tried in the area, and which ones you'd recommend.

Where are your favourite places to pitch up in Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire? (Of course, there are other 'home counties', but these are the western ones that we'll be focusing on, having already done many of the others in some detail.)

Thanks in advance!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Chertsey for me too. Its a pleasant site, and just about halfway from home to Dover, so a good overnighter. Great dog walks along the Thames, too.
Waltham Abbey in the same area too, but with no facilities except ehu.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We visited the C&CC site at Chertsey about 14 years ago just after it had been redeveloped so the grass seed hadn't yet taken root. We'd probably go there again because of it's location which is handy for Windsor or Central London.

We've used a nice if fairly basic C&CC certified site Woodlands Park in Clapham, Bedford which is very handy for the nearby Twinwood Aviation and Glen Miller museum, and also for the Twinwood Festival which is held on the same site of the former RAF Twinwood Farm.
Woodlands Park has clean portacabin toilets, the bus stop to Bedford town centre, which is around 3 miles north of the site is just up the road and Clapham village has pubs, restaurants, a small Tesco and some nice walks to the east of the site.

We used to stay there before moving round the corner to the Twinwood Festival in August every year, but significant variations in the pricing policy have persuaded us to use on principle Tithe Farm, a nearby certified site which has good views, ehu, water and drainage but requires own sanitation for our pre-Twinwood sojourn as we buy the bank holiday [strike]shopping[/strike] booze before entering the festival site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts