Site WiFi

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
The Caravan Club are upgrading WiFi on a lot of their sites. Has anyone experience of WiFi (old or upgraded systems )on club sites - is it any good,can you stream things like films,is a signal booster required.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Caravan Club are upgrading WiFi on a lot of their sites. Has anyone experience of WiFi (old or upgraded systems )on club sites - is it any good,can you stream things like films,is a signal booster required.
I’ve used it just for web searches and routine stuff and it is generally fine. Do not stream though.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Streaming at standard definition may be possible with the new system as - from what I read - for 107 sites it will be 100Mb, the others are too far from the exchange etc etc. You will not need any extra kit as there are loads of aerials on each site and in most places the signal is strong.
The old systems were slow - typical site feed 4Mb feeding 40-60 pitches - so email and some surfing but TV was a definite no-no, audio streaming wasn't much cop either.
Having said all that, I bet they put the charges up to go with it. £25 per annum at the moment - I wonder where that will land?

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We've never had much success with any site WiFi. We now use our phones as WiFi hotspots but if they're improving it , good!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We stopped last season at a site and i got WiFi for free just put this password in and it work but not all sites are like that . if they are improving it will be great

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on the site location. Some are very good and others almost no use at all, so the best thing is to ask when you book in or ring before you book if it is vital to you. There will also be some variation between pitches on some sites.
York Beechwood Grange was one of the worse ones we came across, with it becoming useless at times. The wardens did explain that this was down to the local internet being very week and if the site is near full and lots of people are using it particularly if they are streaming or downloading films and the like it just grinds to a halt. This is not the clubs fault but just a problem with the availability at the location.
Hopefully BT will be able to improve the internet at many locations, but we will see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts