Sites and children

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I need some help please! We are a family of four (2 adults 2 kids) and two dogs. Normally we go to small sites and CL sites.

However we are planning on going away in the summer holidays 2017 for a week and there will be four adults, two kids (aged 12) and two dogs. What I'm after probably doesn't exist but I'm hoping to find a family/child friendly site with things to keep the kids entertained but don't want anywhere too noisy. Don't really want to go to Haven etc sites either.

Looking at being close to the beach and was looking at the East coast of Yorkshire. We are in West Yorkshire and don't want to travel more than 2-3 hours.

Does any site exist that can keep everyone happy?

Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
No because the Free Beer and Lemonade is always tomorrow. :) long way from a beach , But.
The Wossie Club, had a good meet up at the Black Bull Pub, 1 mile south of Pickering last September, nice pub, children and dog friendly, with a playground. But sadley not near to the beach, but you can get the Steam train to Whitney bay , , bus stop just outside thencampsite, no charge on the bus for dogs, but rug rats I supose you have to pay.
Hopefully others will have better options.
Hutch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
How about CC Bridlington Site http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/calendarresult.aspx?site=BRD&region=&county=&pagingMode=single

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
When our kids were small and caravanning they used to love going here, sea front pitch, down the cliff (small) and onto the beach. Changed now, as all the cliff top pitches have now gone into the sea. But the site is still only yards from the beach. Was family friendly in our day. Look on Google to see it.
http://www.seaside-caravan-park.co.uk/index.html
Capture_zpsbadjzilf.png

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The Caravan Club site at Scarborough has a large playing field and indoor games room although it is a fair way from the sea at the back of the town. There are several good pubs in the village if you want a meal and it is easy to reach. It is in a disused quarry and seems protected from the worst of the weather.
We have also used the C&CC site which is near the sea but you do need to drive through a fair bit of Scarborough to get there. It is very large with over 400 pitches but very friendly with its own chip shop and a footpath out to a pub doing a decent carvery. It is also near the North end of the miniature railway which can make a different ride into town. The sheer size does mean that booking in can be slow on busy days as they insist on allocating a pitch and taking you to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts