Sites around La Rochelle & Paris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all. Can anyone give me some nice sites around the above areas. Sites round paris will be used as a base to visit the capital so not bothered about a pool. Site around La Rochelle will be our main stay (14 nights) must have pool/entertainment for kids aged 6 to 16 nice places to eat ext ext. Thanks Richard w

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
a great site in Marennes (About half an hour from La Rochelle) is Sequoia Parc.

Site is 100% great, only prob is that we did not like the surrounding area much. no where to go really!!

la Rochelle is superb, as is Royan the other side.

if looking for a good site for the kids, this one is great!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anybody been to camping la palmyer -Royan. Advise please. Is there famly type places to visit in Royan or La Rochelle areas. We visited spain last year this is our first year staying in france.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,

I can recommend Camping Bonne Anse Plage at La Palmyre between Royan and La Rochelle. We have been twice before a few years back and have booked again for July. It really is a great site with a fantastic swimming pool complex. Great for kids young and old !!!

Check out their website www.campingbonneanseplage.com

Hope you have a nice holiday.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Bon Anse Plage is a family favourite from when my kids were under 10 to now with the youngest 22. We have been there many times.

The pool is awesome for a camp site. The costal path to Palmyre is great for cycling and apart from good restaurants and the sunday market, the Zoo is world famous and we have visited it numerous times.

We lost our kids there when they were younger they just found new friends and were off around the pool and games areas.

The ferry across the Gironde from Royan is great and the long drive past vinyards down to Bordeaux and back up the other side is a good long day out with some nice road side restaurants.

The camp site French/European sounding manager married to the owners daughter I believe andis in fact English (keeps it to himself) and is very helpful if you need any help or assistance. He is on first name terms with the local Land Rover dealers as he sends so many Disco owneres there to get repairs done ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The zoo at La Palmyre is brilliant, you can spend all day there, there are miles of golden beaches with good parking, try La Cote Sauvage for surfing, the waves can be awesome. Royan is a lovely place to visit, you can also go to a Cognac distillery and sample the delights. As has been said, La Rochelle is worth seeing, just read yesterday that Jacques Cousteau,s old boat Calypso is anchored there in a dilapidated state.

We love the area, going back again this year.

Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts