Sites in Croatia

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Has anyone visited Croatia and got any sites to recomend. I am considering next September and looking for looking for somewhere quiet, close to a beach and with marked pitches ( some of the sites I have seen advertised seem not to have them). Cycling oportunities would be a bonus as would a nearbye town.

Dave

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi David

How spooky is that. I've just started my computer to ask the very same and it was the very first topic on screen. I am also considering the same for August. The tolls through France last year were just too much. All of the beaches I have seen pictures of appear to be rocky. Anyone know if there is any sandy beaches anywhere?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We stayed at Camping Puntica near Porec on the Istrian peninsula a couple of years ago. It seemed to be one of the few smaller, quiet and congenial sities on the coast. Most of the others were vast affairs with often well over 1000 pitches, probably a relic from the communist era. Camping Puntica does have marked pitches and it is well within cycling distance of the old town of Porec.

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Not too many beaches in Croatia but there are some with a bit of sand/shingle. We have been there for the last two years, Sept. this year and the weather was not as good as we expected, the Bora came early;the previous year it was May/June and it was hot. Sites are on my site www.gandm.eu/slovenia2008.aspx and www.gandm.eu/spring2007.aspx. E-mail if you wish to know anything specific.

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
Not too many beaches in Croatia but there are some with a bit of sand/shingle. We have been there for the last two years, Sept. this year and the weather was not as good as we expected, the Bora came early;the previous year it was May/June and it was hot. Sites are on my site www.gandm.eu/slovenia2008.aspx and www.gandm.eu/spring2007.aspx. E-mail if you wish to know anything specific.
I am also interested in Croatia. I tried to view your sites, I copied and pasted the links but the sites were not be found. Are the addresses correct or have I done something stupid.....again?! JSGJ

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at a lovely site near Krk in Croatia. It was called Camping Jekjavic (sorry not sure of spelling! - look for it on goodle - or adriatic camping) - it has marked pitches (and very large pitches) - the wash blocks were very clean. The pitches seem to be priced at different levels (i.e. there are more expensive ones)...you can pick your price level. The site is directly on the beach and within a 5 min walk from the town...where there are more beaches and lovely boat rides to islands etc. There were some lovely restaurants in the town as well as a nice restaurant on the site.

Hope this helps

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Camping Puntica near Porec on the Istrian peninsula a couple of years ago. It seemed to be one of the few smaller, quiet and congenial sities on the coast. Most of the others were vast affairs with often well over 1000 pitches, probably a relic from the communist era. Camping Puntica does have marked pitches and it is well within cycling distance of the old town of Porec.
Hello Lutz.

I hope the moderator won't mind me asking this question as it has no direct connection to the original question but can you explain how to create a hot-link when passing on information please ( as you have done with Camping Puntica ).

Thanks,

Olly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts