Sites in Herefordshire

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
We are looking to go to herefordshire and would like some suggestions please. Our requirements are:- must be dog friendly, has a pub/village within walkin distance and have good facilities.

Your comments would be much appreciated

Kay

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Kay, the site I've used is

http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/
which is excellent. Alongside the River Wye, where you can fish or canoe. They hire out bikes. Theres a dog walk on site or you can walk along the river direct off the site. There is a pub about 1/4 of a mile, the Moon at Mordiford, but theres no pavement to walk on from the site. Theres also Fownhope village about 1 mile away with 3 pubs.

A couple of miles drive there is Haugh Woods where you can park and take your dog, theres marked walks depending on their easiness. Everytime we walked in the wood opposite the carpark we saw the deer.

The owners are very helpful if you need any info. The site is about 3 miles from Hereford centre.

It's not the cheapest of sites but they do a deal in Oct/Nov. for

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site

which is excellent. Alongside the River Wye, where you can fish or canoe. They hire out bikes. Theres a dog walk on site or you can walk along the river direct off the site. There is a pub about 1/4 of a mile, the Moon at Mordiford, but theres no pavement to walk on from the site. Theres also Fownhope village about 1 mile away with 3 pubs.

A couple of miles drive there is Haugh Woods where you can park and take your dog, theres marked walks depending on their easiness. Everytime we walked in the wood opposite the carpark we saw the deer.

The owners are very helpful if you need any info. The site is about 3 miles from Hereford centre.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We live in Leominster 13 miles north of his lordship.

I've visited both pearl lake and arrow bank which are both more static orientated.

For me Townsend park offers the best location in the picturesque village of Pembridge. It is a relatively new site and so the facilities should be up to date. Being a working farm in full diversification, it also has it's own farm shop which I can say is very good.

Within an hours drive you have a multitude of visitor attractions. Market days are Hereford (wed) Leominster (fri).

Pembridge has a good pub just 5 mins from the site.

Regards, Steve L.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I know of Poston Mill and have passed it many times but have not actually been there except in the middle of the night on a 999 call. There are a lot of statics there and they used to have their own bar. I recall seeing there website where they mention fishing but the River Dore is more like a stream. It does hold small trout though. It's in a nice location, within easy access of the Black Mountains and scenic drives or walks.

It is a 5 star site so it must be good and is also a member of the Best of British touring parks.

I've just found this, check it out.

http://www.bestparks.co.uk/PostonMillTouring.htm
The road that it's situated on isn't a busy one so it should be fairly peaceful.

Oh I see it has a bar AND restaurant and plenty of dog walking places directly on or off site.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
I have stayed at Poston Mill many times and its great, very quiet and due to the good lay no one can walk between the vans to take short cuts.

the toilets are clean and the staff are very helpful and polite, the younger blonde lady behind the counter is also a bit of a hottie.

great site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have stayed at Poston Mill many times and its great, very quiet and due to the good lay no one can walk between the vans to take short cuts.

the toilets are clean and the staff are very helpful and polite, the younger blonde lady behind the counter is also a bit of a hottie.

great site.
I would def agree with mike ace Poston Mill is a fantastic destination.

Very dog friendly with the dog walk along the river dore. 2 pubs 1 mile away in peterchurch and one pub/restaurant just on/off site. you won't regret your stay.

Cannot comment on the 'blonde hottie' in reception unless Doris has dyed her hair !!

PeterW

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Yes - I definitely recommend Poston Mill. We stayed there for three nights in May and had a lovely time.

Go onto www.ukcampsite.co.uk and read some of the reviews, it's also on the Best of Britsh website (www.bob.org.uk)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson

The Leen in Pembridge - is that the organic farm? What is access like to the site? Any scary bits??? LOL

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
No problems with access. In Pembridge itself the turning right to Staunton on Arrow is narrow but nothing to worry about.Very friendly owners with a couldn't care less attitude. No hardstandings though. Yes, it is the organic farm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, no access problems, lovely site on the river, no scary bits, except the site owner, Tony is about 17ft tall! We used to go there at least twice a year, but since I retired, we don't seem to have the time. Let me know if you go, and we'll try and meet you. Perhaps persuade the miserable old aristocrat to travel the 10 miles to go too.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks LB and emmerson. Looks nice. I'll let you know if I book it, I'm in a bit of a quandry at the mo. If you manage to come over to us, does that mean you might need to use the toilet in my caravan?

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks LB and emmerson. Looks nice. I'll let you know if I book it, I'm in a bit of a quandry at the mo. If you manage to come over to us, does that mean you might need to use the toilet in my caravan?

Lisa
Ummmm no, we are both living fossils with catheters fitted ... hehheh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lisa
Speak for yourself, old man!!!

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts