sites in north wales

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are looking for a quiet ,well run site with clean toilets etc ,in Anglesey/harlech/Barmouth/or Abersoch area .

Can any one recomend a site in any of these areas ?

Col

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Col

I realise this site is not in your list of locations but we have just spent 5 days at Bron Derw in Llanrwst. The site is well maintained, quiet and the facilities are spotless. I was concerned that the gents only had 1 toilet and 2 showers but I never queued once. The hardstanding pitches are fully serviced. There is an adjacent field for CC members. I am CC member but the main site looked better. The site is central to visit Llandudno, Anglesey, Abersoch( what a lovely place) Llangollen etc. First time I have visited North Wales and I was surprised by how beautiful it is. I will certainly be returning and to Bron Derw.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
coljac,

An excellent site " Barcdy" about 5miles north of Harlech on the coast road. We stayed there before we came to live here next to Portmeirion. However they do NOT accept dogs.

The Caravan club site at Ffestiniog has excellent CC facilities, pitches on grass and hardstanding. Good pub accross the lane from the site entrance.

Hamer.

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
We stayed on Barcdy caravan site a few years ago and can recomment it. It's a quiet site and within easy access of the places you mentioned. Bodnant caravan site at Llanwrst is also a lovely quiet site - although showers need upgrading - but within easy reach of anywhere in north wales.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We have just come back from that area - stayed on a site between Porthmadoc & Criccieth called 'Eisteddfa Caravan & Camping Site'.

www.eisteddfapark.co.uk

Depend what you are looking for - it is a pleasant site set into various sections and spread across the side of a hill - Dogs are OK on leads and the owners are really friendly. It is well kept and fairly peaceful (although both times I have been there it was outside school hols) - They have a lot of tourers on seasonal pitches, perhaps half a dozen static vans, a couple of 'small fields' for tourers and a couple for tents.

It is well situated for Snowdonia and if you need shops Porthmadoc has a Tesco for your groceries and there is even a caravan dealer/accesory shop tucked away in one of the back streets.

One point - when I was chatting with one of the owners she told me that all of the EHU pitches were booked up for the whole of the School Holidays.

Cheers

Jon

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We have just come back from that area - stayed on a site between Porthmadoc & Criccieth called 'Eisteddfa Caravan & Camping Site'.

www.eisteddfapark.co.uk

Depend what you are looking for - it is a pleasant site set into various sections and spread across the side of a hill - Dogs are OK on leads and the owners are really friendly. It is well kept and fairly peaceful (although both times I have been there it was outside school hols) - They have a lot of tourers on seasonal pitches, perhaps half a dozen static vans, a couple of 'small fields' for tourers and a couple for tents.

It is well situated for Snowdonia and if you need shops Porthmadoc has a Tesco for your groceries and there is even a caravan dealer/accesory shop tucked away in one of the back streets.

One point - when I was chatting with one of the owners she told me that all of the EHU pitches were booked up for the whole of the School Holidays.

Cheers

Jon
I live a few miles away from Llanrwst although Ive never stayed on the sites there (too close to home) It is a lovely area albeit bring your waterproofs.

There is a nice site in Beddgelert called Cae Ddu.

In Anglesey try Bagnol which is in Treudur Bay beutifull coves and beaches- Dont bother going to holyhead tho

We have just got back from a C.C site in harlech, called Min Y Don. Absolutely fabulous facilities. very clean, very quiet, and very pleasant surroundings. The beautiful sandy beach was just a few minutes walk away and harlech town/village was a ten to fifteen minutes walk away. Harlech itself is not much to write home about, but it is a very good location and Barmouth was a fifiteen minute drive a away.

The only downside is..... we had to come home.... Never mind, we're planning our next trip in september.

chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts