sites in or near to Whitby

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello mark, (its not a cl or cs) but cc low moor doesnt have any toilet block and tends to be a bit cheaper, we have stayed there twice, its fine bit of a drive in to whitby, or local shops, but site is just the job...excellent dog walk..

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I can recommend Sandfield House Farm http://www.sandfieldhousefarm.co.uk/

Stayed their two years ago, it was clean,quiet and the owners were friendly. A bonus was you could walk along the front into Whitby. Its just far enough to work up an appetite for fish and chips from the Magpie chippy....mmmmmmmmm...fish and chips....

Mike Mc

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at Sandfield House Farm a few weeks ago for a long weekend and we were very impressed. As already mentioned the owners are very friendly and hard working. There are a lot of seasonal pitches but we still saw quite a few tourers come and go and the touring pitches seemed to be together and the site is immaculate.

The walk into Whitby is really nice, either up at the top of the cliff or down on the promenade but good paths for both walks. It took us 30 minutes to walk there but we weren't rushing.

Sandsend is about the same distance the other way and walkable but the path is by the road.

We will definitely be going back next year.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
bit further out but im at naburn lock outside york took me 50 mins to whitby today. site river boat to york two mins away or bus outside site.ties excllent well run site at 18 pound a nite all in.Good access from A64.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

A very nice site is Beacon Farm C&CC CS at Sneaton. This is on the outskirts of Whitby with great views of the abbey and the sea. It is an easy 10minute drive into Whitby via the West Cliff which saves you going through the town. There is also an ice cream parlour and tearoom on the site. The site is level with toilet and shower (although the last time we were there it was rather basic, although i believe there were plans to upgrade them)it is only 5 minutes from the Whitby/ Guisborough road or if coming from Scarborough follow directions for Low Moor CC site and Beacon farm is approx 2/3 miles further on. Hoipe this helps.

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts