Sites in Plymouth near port

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
I am taking my family to France in the summer and due to a ferry departure time of 7.30 a.m. and with 2 young children thought it might be best to drive down the day before and stay at a site close to the port. Can anyone recommend a site as close as possible to the port, it does not have to have lots of facilities but a shower/toilet block would be good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

Our daughter is on a years placement at Plymouth Hospital and we wanted a site close to Plymouth. We have use Riverside, it is very easy to get to from the A38 and I think not far from the port. Have a look at www.riversidecaravanpark.com. Hope it is of use.

Happy Travels BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David - we have sailed from Plymouth on two occassions and each time we stayed overnight on the quay side. There are toilet and washing facilities on the port but no showers. The port staff will come around the caravans approx two hours before your sailing to wake you up. There are no charges for the stop over. We found the facilities adequate for just a one night stop over. Fantastic shower facilities at Roscoff if you wish to use them before travelling on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts