Sites in Suffolk

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are looking to take a fortnight in Suffolk preferably towards the northern area. Has anyone got a recommendation for some nice sites or CS/CL.

Would need EHU, shower, dog friendly and pub within walking distance. Not far from a beach would be nice but a country side site is also fine.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi OC. Not familiar with the part of Suffolk you want to be at but heres one for you . Peewit Caravan Park Felixstowe it has everything you require and has a very long walkable Sea Front and also has the Docks where you can view the worlds largest container ships in the world . There is a Hotel/pub within walking distance The Dolphin. also a Lidl just off site and Mcdonalds.The site offers showers toilets and are very respectable refurbished over the winter .Your approx 12 miles from Ipswich and within travelling distance of many places of interest .
I hope this helps . Sir Roger .Bye the way I have used this site for many years .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im watching this topic with interest. Suffolk is one of the few areas I know nothing about and madam and I have mooted a trip there with the caravan. Its only lack of knowledge I think that has stopped us. I think there are a few forestry commission sites in Thetford Forest and near to Bury St Edmunds that may be worth a look.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Im watching this topic with interest. Suffolk is one of the few areas I know nothing about and madam and I have mooted a trip there with the caravan. Its only lack of knowledge I think that has stopped us. I think there are a few forestry commission sites in Thetford Forest and near to Bury St Edmunds that may be worth a look.

That’s exactly our position. We’ve been to north Norfolk a few times but often said “ must visit” Suffolk. Part of the delay has probably been that blooming great area of Greater London smack en route with the M25 option. But we would probably do Oxford-Cambridge on A roads. Bit further and slower but with bail out options.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
If you do a search on Google Earth it can/does come up with some (if not all) in the area you search. Can be useful tool.

]https://www.google.com/maps/search/suffolk caravan sites/@52.1145354,1.4143056,11z
https://www.google.com/maps/search/suffolk caravan sites/@52.1145354,1.4143056,11z[/quote
Thanks but I have used CMHC and CCC searches but was really looking for advice from Forumites who had actually been to the area and had a site(s) they could recommend.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We used to go to Heathlands beach, Kessingland when we still had a child/young teen with us. Big pitches, a cafe/pub outdoor swim pool stepped access to a beach. Very much a family site. Not far from the safari park. There is a C&CC site near the safari park too.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
We used to go to Heathlands beach, Kessingland when we still had a child/young teen with us. Big pitches, a cafe/pub outdoor swim pool stepped access to a beach. Very much a family site. Not far from the safari park. There is a C&CC site near the safari park too.
Mel

Mel
Thanks. We’ve been looking at CCC Kessingland and it’s only 1.5 miles from the beach. Seems to get good reviews

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The Heathlands Beach site beach access was of the “straight down” variety. Okay for us at the time, but not sure that the ageing knees would like it much now :(
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The CaMHC, at Kessingland is right on the beach, with The Sailors Home pub 10 minutes away which is dog friendly. Two part to it on either side of Beach road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts