sites in the Lake District

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
We are wanting to visit the Lake District in June.Can anyone recommend a site?
Requirements:
Good Views/ Walks
Clean Shower/Toilet Blocks
Pub within good walking distance.
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at www.wheatsheafinnlorton.co.uk Being a native to the area I have not personnaly stayed on the caravan site, but know the area, and pub, well. You are in the Lorton Valley with the Buttermere fells and lake, as well as Crummock Water and Loweswater lake on the doorstep for walking. Nearest town is the market town of Cockermouth, 4 miles away with supermarkets restaurants etc. The tow in from Cockermouth will require some care and patience but is perfectly manageable.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I would recommend Waterfoot park it is at the top end of the Lakes near lake ullswater. It is just 4 miles off the m6 and is a brilliant site clean facilities, great views and there is a pub on site which is very good. The village of Pooley Bridge is a 15 minute walk and there are a couple of pubs here which do meals and it is a very nice little village.
Hope this Helps!

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Just arrived back from Windermere C&CC site which is curiously 4 miles from Windermere. There is a 'pub' on-site which we didn't get a chance to use but we did use the Eagle and Child in Stavely which is a 20 minute walk across the fields (public footpath) although this would be difficult for some after dark.

We did the walk to Windermere which is along the Dales Way. Lovely walk. We got the train back to Stavely which again afforded us another visit to the Eagle and Child (he he).

I initially thought I wouldn't enjoy this site but would definitely return now.

Ian

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lyn
We spent 2 very pleasant weeks at the Keswick CCC at the beginning of April. It meets all of your requirements and is one of the most beautifully located sites I know and I would highly recommend it.
You can read the review of my visit (Tim and Cary) ad 91 other, mainly favourable, impartial reviews here:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2951
Best wishes
Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts