Sites near Newcastle upon Tyne

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi,
I'm hoping for help with finding a site as near as possible to the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne, prefereably on a bus route, so my wife can visit her mother whilst I'm not there.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thank you.
Alan

Feb 23, 2008
Visit site
I suspect that no one has replied to your post as nobody can think of a site, on a bus route to the Freeman.

There is the Old Hartley Caravan Club Site near Whitley Bay, you would then have to get (probably) a bus, a metro then another bus.
I can't find any suitable CLs or CSs.

There is a site at Rowlands Gill - Derwent Park Caravan and Camping Site (01207 543383), again two buses required to get to the hospital.

Good luck in your search.

Steve G.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Alan,
The only touring site I know of in that area is Old Hartley Caravan Club site at Whitley Bay but it is members only. As for links to the Freeman I imagine that would involve getting to a Metro Station - maybe Whitley Bay - by bus and then onwards by Metro. If you are not a member it might be worth joining for a year in your situation though if this is for a long term remember the C.C. has a limit on the number of continous nights you can stay - but this was "got around " by a sympathetic warden when I was dealing with a family bereavement and waiting for the funeral. Perhaps the warden ( 0191 237 0256 ) mght have more information. Or check out the Caravan and Camping Club website. Google was, in this case, not much help.

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi alan,
There is a small site called belvedere at Harlow hill,near Heddon-on-the-wall which is just on the outskirts of newcastle.I have not stopped on the site, but you can go to their website at www.belvederecampsite.co.uk.

Good luck,
Keith.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi there just a quick reply but i live very close to the freeman i can tell you now there is no caravan sites which will be close to the freeman as its all built up area, lots of residential areas. Your best bet would be staying in a hotel if you want to get close to the freeman. I cant think of any places you could stay and iv live around this area for a while.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts