Sites near Stirling

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Anyone stayed on any caravan sites near Stirling recently? Looking for recommendations of sites to either visit (or avoid!) for a long weekend.

Considering either the C.C. site at Fishcross or the site at Blair Drummond. The Blair Drummond site has got some good recent reviews over on ukcampsite, it runs in my mind there was some concern voiced on forums not so long ago about who owned it and who was using it.

All recommendations gratefully received. Looking for quiet clean site, no kids going.Thanks

Robert

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
there is witches craig on the wallace monument side of town , it gets good reviews clean tidy mainly hard standing no clubs or shop but town close by.

or

auchenbowie. its a mile and a half from bannochburn,thats where i am seasonal have been for 13 years it has nothing on it but is nice situated.the toilets are useable but are needing moderenised , the last i looked it was

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
We recently stayed at the Cobleland Forrest Holiday park in Gartmmore. About 20 miles from Stirling, bit further along than the Blair Drummond site, but we thought it was great. Site was clean and tidy, and located next to the forrest so if you like walking or biking you can go straight from the site.

Only downside is there were kids there at the weekend but they stayed around the lower tent area. However, they do have some Eurocamp tents in the upper area so you may get some noise in the busy seasons (they were closed when we visited in May).

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info. We visited Witches Craig a couple of years ago and found it a little bit cramped, units were very close together. I wasn't planning on putting my awning up which was just as well as my next door neighbour's van would have been inside the awning.

Robert

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks.

I've now booked Blair Drummond for a long weekend at the end of this month. If I don't enjoy it then I'll blame Margaret :)

Robert

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob-T,

When you are at Blair Drummond take a look at Burnside Caravan site in Sommers Lane directly opposite the entrance to the Safari Park.Can also recommend the Hollybank for a meal although it may be a bit far away, however if byou are just looking for a snack the deli cafe in the new auction market beside Dobbies is very good and not as expensive. have a nice time.

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts