Sites Nr Watford-Windsor Area

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Cary and I have booked to attend a 40 year reunion at London Bible College, Northwood, HA6 2UW, where we met (arr) on and also, visit C's Dad in nearby Ruislip. The reunion is on 17 January. We had planned to stay at Wyatt's Covert CC Site, that's where we usually stay to visit C's Dad, but it's closed until March for refurbishment of the toilets.

Considering the area's closeness to London there seems to be an amazing lack of sites which are open at this time of year. Despite trawling the CC and CCC sites and that "yellow" site, the only ones that I've found with fairly good reviews, none outstanding, are:

(1) The **** Inn CL, Sarratt near Watford

(2) Queen's Acre CS, near Windsor

(3) High Clere Farm Touring Park, Seer Green, Beaconsfield

Does anyone have any knowledge of the above sites or can offer any good alternatives in the area? We were hoping to stay for a few days either side of the weekend to make the journey down there more worthwhile.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The High Clere site is between Seer Green and Chalfont St Giles and easy to access. The rail station at Seer green is on the High Wycombe to Marylebone line. Parking there is generally easier than at either Beconsfield or Gerrards Cross. Not all trains stop there, so check the timetables.
In Seer Green you may be interested in the Mayflower Barn and the area, including nearby Penn, has stong links with the Pilgrim Fathers.
The Cricketers in Seer Green used to be my local but it ' s probably changed a bit now.
I think High Clere has a website.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi we are planning our first long distance trip in July we will be travelling from Manchester to Perrenporth in Cornwall, we are going to travel as far as Exeter (end off motorway) then stop over nite before finishing the trip the morning after. Can anyone recommend any caravan sites in that area that will take us for one nite and is close to the motorway.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS