sites open all year

May 21, 2008
Visit site
With the obvious increase in popularity of caravanning and the developement of caravans, it is getting more and more practical to caravan all year round, but with one exception.

Trying to find sites open all year.

The local council's who agree the planning applications often resrict the caravan sites to opening 6 or 9 months to appease the community. What the community seem not to understand is that in the cooler nights of winter us caravanners are more likely to want to tuck into a juicey steak while sat round a roaring log fire in the local tavern.

There might be the argument of running cost's from the park owners, but then why not operate a reduced size paddock for winter. for instance the hard standing pitches only.

What about the employee's, I'm sure they would much prefer a stable yearly employment rather than having to do seasonal work and then either eak out their pay or get a part time job. Of coarse with them being in a tourist area the jobs dry up from sept to march.

As an example I might fancey bussing off for a couple of nights over crimbo to get away from all the tv repeats etc,but dare not go without booking and whats more I would of had to book months in advance.

Steve.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There are still plenty of spaces available over Christmas.

Look at the CC website for the late availabilty, just about all sites which are open all year or over the fastive period have spaces.

We didn't book our Christmas break until a fortnight ago, so there is really no need to book months in advance, unless you want an all singing all dancing commercial site.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Steve,

There are plenty of Caravan club and Camping and C.C. sites open all year.I can only speak of the C.C, sites but it is wonderfull getting up in a morning in a lovely warm caravan, irrespective of the outside temp, and seeing everywhere white with frost or even snow.

The sites are less busy and you do not have to queue for nice hot showers. i think January to April is often the best time to caravan,personal opinion!!

Hamer

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
There are plenty of CL sites open during winter ,we are staying in west Sussex & Farnham in Surrey over the new year ,i cant wait ,

TRENDING THREADS