Sky+ and light deflectors

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
We are booked for our first trip to France next month. We want to take a TV (yes I know to some that is a sin) we have a Sky+ box at home and I have read somewhere on here that we could use that. However, we don't have a "card" with it. What is the card I have heard some mention?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
hunny said:
We are booked for our first trip to France next month. We want to take a TV (yes I know to some that is a sin) we have a Sky+ box at home and I have read somewhere on here that we could use that. However, we don't have a "card" with it. What is the card I have heard some mention?

oops should have added do we need headlight deflectors.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The law says that you must not dazzle. If there are other means of preventing dazzle without deflectors, such as a simple readjustment of the beam aim, then that is preferable. Besides, in case you have a car with xenon headlights, then deflectors are a definite no-no.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
On our sky box we have a card ,once inserted its tricky to see it.If the box is working ok take it as it is.You will need a dual LNB,I have just bought one from Maplins for our suitcase set for £30.00.I tune it in on the suitcase box then I intend to swap box over once its working,first time Ive tried sky box.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can use your Sky+ box we are using ours in Austria now and it works fine have brought it over for 8 years now. The card is the Sky card for the extra programmes you can receive.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Dianne: not strictly just a caravanning question, but what size dish do you use in Austria, and with what results? (A friend's son now lives just South of Sankt Polten and would like to pick up British TV, but thinks he'd need a 1 metre dish or larger.)

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi philspot we have an 80 cms dish and this year for the first time due to change of Satellites we cannot get any BBC or ITV programmes just Sky. For details go to www.info@satelliteforcaravans.co.uk there is a wealth of info on there for your friend's son to read.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
DianneT said:
Hi philspot we have an 80 cms dish and this year for the first time due to change of Satellites we cannot get any BBC or ITV programmes just Sky. For details go to www.info@satelliteforcaravans.co.uk there is a wealth of info on there for your friend's son to read.

Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS