Sky Receiver Reviews good/bad

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I read somewhere recently a list where the different makes/models were reviewed by a Technical guy. It showed which were reliable or not. Can anyone please steer me to it. Maybe it was not even on this forum, I just cannot remember.

Thanks in advance

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
Funnily enough my Sky Box packed in yesterday. My one is an Amstrad Sky+ box. Woke up yesterday to find a "No Satellite Signal being received" message and now it's going to cost me

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike & James,

Mike, the best medels to get hold of are the Panasonic of Pace ones. I have just purchased three from ebay to set up a sky multi room system and all work well with no viewing card.

Have a look here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TU-DSB30-SKY-DIGIBOX-SATELLITE-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ130166859066QQihZ003QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

James, can you borrow a digibox off a neighbour just to check your system, I know the Amstrad is not a very popular model but it may just be a case of repositioning your dish incase it may have been knocked by accident, I know our window cleaner gave ours a bash with his ladder once.

You could also try unpluging the digibox and removing the card, wait for about 30 secs and turn back on, give the card a wipe and reinsert it into the card slot.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike & James,

Mike, the best medels to get hold of are the Panasonic of Pace ones. I have just purchased three from ebay to set up a sky multi room system and all work well with no viewing card.

Have a look here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TU-DSB30-SKY-DIGIBOX-SATELLITE-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ130166859066QQihZ003QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

James, can you borrow a digibox off a neighbour just to check your system, I know the Amstrad is not a very popular model but it may just be a case of repositioning your dish incase it may have been knocked by accident, I know our window cleaner gave ours a bash with his ladder once.

You could also try unpluging the digibox and removing the card, wait for about 30 secs and turn back on, give the card a wipe and reinsert it into the card slot.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)
Panasonic OR Pace ones

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
We had a problem with our sky reception.

I asked a guy that installs them if he would check the system out, his findings were that the dish had moved & that the box had over worked to compensate & got damaged (this cost me a drink & a mixed grill for his lunch).

I phoned Sky & reported a fault, they said it would cost me

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike & James,

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)
My spelling is getting worse "Models"

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,

At home, we are using the latest rounded Pace box for Sky which I bought from a work colleague. I've found the menus to be very fast and up to press, haven't had any problems with it.

For the caravan, I bought a cheap Grundig box from eBay. Like the Pace box, this has very fast menus and no problems experience yet.

Martin.

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
To be honest with the crap that is on Sky, we really should not be paying for it. We went from the all singing all dancing package to the basic one when they started charging for films and sports events, they did not like it and tried VERY hard to change our minds.

The repeats are such that a DVD player is far better value for when we are away and the weather is such that sitting indoors is preferable. We are now thinking about a hardrive system to record a few interesting programs to take away with us.

A freeview box for the news and the odd program we want to see (SWMBO like the soaps and I like a good book - I am on Terry Pratchets "Making Money" now and enjoy annoying Swmbo with the laughter) and that will suit us I think.

Have been recommended the Sky Freeview system as the reception on our digibox during the day is poor apart from the BBC channels. Much better at night though when we can get virtually all the channels.

If any techies out there know why that is or if I can improve things please let us know.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mike

We have had Sky for 10 year snow ranging from an Amstrad box to the latest Thompson Sky+ box. None have been a problem and my dish usually gets the signal in less than a minute, worst was 30 minutes. My dish is 66cms. Anything smaller becomes problematic in my view.

Chers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts