Sky Remote Record

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this. My sky profile has remote record activated, i've downloaded the app to my android phone, the programme guide comes up and the red record button is there for the individual programmes which when i 'press' it appears to have worked, but nothing happens on the sky box. No recording happens.

Anybody have any ideas what i might be doing wrong? The box is connected to the phone line and uses dial up to access sky interactive. Do you have to have Sky anytime for remote record to work?

I thought this might be a useful addition to the caravan 'gadgets' as im always forgetting to set recordings, or we get on site and find we have little or no reception.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Been down that route Surfer, got the kit, had it working once. Ive had lots of help and advice from on here but still cant make it work again. We've now got an aerial. However that wasn't much use to us in Castleton a couple of weeks ago, I think they were mid changeover to digital and we were only able to see the BBC.

Its not overly important to us that we can watch tv whilst we are away, its just sometimes there might be a serial/series we're watching that concludes while we're away and as i say, i forget to put it on the planner. I just would like the option to ask the box to record from a distance.

We cant take the sky box with us anyway..........we'd be hung drawn and quatered by the grown up offspring we leave at home
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Ah, as I thought then. Well, I shan't be shelling out £60 for a wireless thingumyjig (the sky box is downstairs, the router is upstairs) so I'll just have to improve my "remembering to set record before I go away " skills :)
Thanks for your help
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
MagsAlan said:
Been down that route Surfer, got the kit, had it working once. Ive had lots of help and advice from on here but still cant make it work again. We've now got an aerial. However that wasn't much use to us in Castleton a couple of weeks ago, I think they were mid changeover to digital and we were only able to see the BBC.

Its not overly important to us that we can watch tv whilst we are away, its just sometimes there might be a serial/series we're watching that concludes while we're away and as i say, i forget to put it on the planner. I just would like the option to ask the box to record from a distance.

We cant take the sky box with us anyway..........we'd be hung drawn and quatered by the grown up offspring we leave at home
smiley-smile.gif
Alan
Why aren't you using "series link" for the whole series??

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Well we dont record it if we are watching it. We would only record if we were wanting to see something on another channel at the same time.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Well I asked the same question on the Sky forums and initially was getting the same advice IE that I needed Anytime. Then a post from the sky help centre said this

Hi xxxxxxxxx, remote record should be possible without an Internet or phone connection. The data for the requests is sent via satellite. The more common causes of it not being received would be not having a signal on input 2, only having one dish cable and not being in single feed mode (HD only) or a software issue requiring a planner rebuild.

What type of box do you have Sky+ or Sky+HD? Do you have your own dish or is it a communal system?
He also gave me a link to this ( sorry, i dont know how to link so have to c&p )

Print Guide to performing a planner rebuild

• plannerrebuild_hd.jpg_1314843347.jpg

The Planner Rebuild process will stop all recordings currently in progress and reboot your Sky box. Recordings in your planner will not be deleted.
    If there is a recording in progress you may wish to wait until the recording is complete before performing the planner rebuild.
    To perform a planner rebuild:
    1. Using the Sky remote control press the services button to access the menu with Options highlighted.
    2. Press the right arrow button to highlight the Settings menu and press select.
    3. Press 0, 1 then select to access the hidden Installer Setup options, you will now be highlighted on Setup.
    4. Press the right arrow button to go to Rebuild, which will become Sky+ Rebuild once highlighted, and press the select button.
    5. The on-screen message: "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+" will appear. Press the select button to continue.
    6. The on-screen message: "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and take up to two minutes to clear.
    7. Once complete the set top box will switch itself off and then back on automatically displaying the red standby light.
    8. If the set top box continues to display "Housekeeping please wait" for longer than two minutes please carry out a power reset (below) with the viewing card removed.
    9. Wait for 60 seconds after the red light has appeared.
    Pleased to say it worked :)
Thought I would post for anyone else who might be stuck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts