Sky Sat in France

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I have bought a 2nd Sky Plus box and using it caravaning in France.

I do not get the sports package that I normally get in the UK. A message we get is that it is the wrong card for the Sky box being used.Other parts of sky we get ok, normal channels and documentaries. Why is this please?

Paul

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul

Your Sky + box at home is paired by serial number etc to your viewing card by Sky.

Only way around this is to take your home Sky+ with you in your caravan to get the full package or to pay for Sky+ Multiroom where you will get another card which you can "pair" to your caravan Sky+ box.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Re Sky+ multi-room. To get this package and the reduced fee you must undertake to keep both boxes plugged into the same phone system at all times. I believe this is to stop neighbours colluding and get Sky+ at a reduced monthly price.

I have the multiroom and last year when the second box was moved to a different position it was inadvertently not reconnected to the phone system. A couple of weeks later I received a polite but firm letter from Sky reminding me it should be connected to the phone or I would be billed for two separate subscriptions.-

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts